I have just come back from 2 nights away with a friend and my two children. We stayed in a family room, overlooking the sea. On arrival the staff were friendly and helpful. All staff, especially those serving breakfast were attentive and friendly. What completely ruined the experience was the room. The carpet had stains (one of which looked like sick that had been merely rubbed in), the bathroom felt unclean (the bath had those slip resistant pads that were discoloured), the toilet roll holder needed a good clean, the heated towel rail was rusty, the door handle old and hard to open, stained towel that looked like it might have been involved with the carpet incident). The room had no air conditioning and our room was the furthest along the very hot corridor. We could not open the window due to noise outside and the fan would not have cooled at room sufficiently.
I slept on the sofa bed for the first night and the pull out bed the second. Both were incredibly uncomfortable. Springs sticking out, hard and noisy (plastic sheet on one of them). The pull out bed was much smaller than the other and I ended up having a terrible nights sleep. The pillows were too small to have just one but too large for two. All in all, with the heat of the room, the bed, pillows and dirt it was a horrendous experience.
I was only in Margate as a friend lives in Broadstairs. It is not a place to visit, so avoid at all cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right beside the seafront with its idyllic views and close to shops and cafes of the quaint Old Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Margate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Margate Hotel Margate
- Premier Inn Margate Hotel Kent