“Very poor, needs re-fit and a good clean.”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Margate
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We needed a B+B for two nights to visit my son who was in Margate Hospital. On arrival we had to wait nearly one hour because the owner? had taken two children to the park and she did not know we had booked! The first thing I noticed was that the steps and outside were filthy, we were taken into the 'reception' area that was cluttered and I noticed the carpet was not clean. We were taken to our room that was small and needed cleaning and decorating, old outdated furniture, smell of damp (or carpet)? on the stairs. Breakfast was poor, open cheap serial's, no fruit juice (shouldn't have to ask) and the cooked breakfast was cheap ingredients and one tea bag in a pot of tea for two. The only good thing was we were only their two nights and not on holiday, if we had been we would not have stayed. This is not a 'cheap' Hotel we thought that we paid allot, next time we will book a 'motel' (they are always clean and tidy) and buy a breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank robroytoy

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Came down to margate to come meet our friends and stayed in this hotel the room was over priced and not cleaned properly found empty crisp packets and a durex paper my friend came up to us the toilet and straight away as we got In the door the lady rang my room and said I said no visitors she was only using the loo for the amount of money we paid I would never go back to that hotel the shower was weak and the heating was no on all night the floors were squeaky and so was the bed the walls weren't properly painted either

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Charlotteday201
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

A nice little two star hotel, nothing special, but does the job. With friendly help, free Wi-Fi and some recent investment the Palm Court Hotel is a decent overnight stay, even if there are a few creaky floorboards.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank dekuu
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I wasn't expecting much when I booked, as it was the only Margate hotel that still had rooms available at the time of booking. The room was small, cramped and in need of a good clean. The shower hardly had any water pressure going for it, making it hard to even feel clean after a day at the beach. The worst surprise, however, was in the morning when I discovered I crushed a bed bug during the night. Bites erupted all over my body during the day, and, lucky me, I even managed to take some of them home with me. (My friend, who had to sleep on a stretcher-like bed that was crammed in the corner luckily didn't have the same problem). Avoid.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Linda W
hotelpalmcourt, Owner at Palm Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Re:REVIEW - Place has bedbugs- stay away

The person that wrote this review did not book our hotel according to the reply to “who are you? “email sent to the person through TripAdvisor. She said she was not entirely sure who made the booking.
The person that booked the twin room booked it since 16th May, 2012. The writer of this review said when SHE made the booking that Palm Court Hotel was the only place left that still had rooms. THIS IS A WHITE LIE!
We have telephones in all our rooms for our guests to report any incident that happened or not sure of to the manager
NOBODY REPORTED BEDBUGS IN OUR ROOMS. We have never encounter bedbugs in our hotel.

Since we do not know the extent of how this person has gone to damage our hotel, we shall keep an open mind in the room she said she stayed incase she has put bedbug in the room. We shall contact all the necessary authorities about this.
THIS REVIEW VIOLATES THE REVIEW POLYCY. We will like this review removed immediately.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Absolutly loved staying here, the lady we saw working there was very friendly, the room was small but had its own bathroom and a lovel view of the sea, it's directly opposite the entrance to the Wintergardens, easy to find, all very clean and a brilliant full English for breakfast.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzy K
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here last night with my son. Julie the owner was very helpful, arranging for the ironing board and iron to be put in my room while i was out. We had a lovely breakfast this morning and we both look forward to staying with you again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank mrsj1969
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed here while working down in the area ... Never used the facilities on offer as no time ... Host was fantastic letting us check in early ... Rooms were nice size room 7 ideal for family en suite little outdated .... If was bit cheaper would use again

• Stayed: September 2011