“Food with a view”

Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Enjoyed a pleasant impromtu 3 course meal with friends on the terrace overlooking the coast of Margate. We choose 3 starters which we were able to share - Baked Brie, Canapes with caviar and olives - ideal for the type of evening we had planned - talking & eating! We all chose the same salad - Smoked Salmon, caviar and advocado with a lovely dressing - this was ideal for a warm summers evening - watching the tide come in. Our waitress was very attentive but gave us space between courses. My dessert was a wonderful creme brulee with a selection of seasonal fruits - my only criticism was there wasn't enough of it but that was because it was out of this world velvety and smooth with a super crunch topping and it left me wanting more. However my friends chose the the cheese cake and were disappointed as although it was a nice size portion it turned out to be more of a light fruit cake consistency rather than the traditional cheese cake that we all know and love. We finished the evening with 2 cappuccino's and a Latte followed by a cocktail each watching the sun set over Margate. After we had finished we didn't feel pressure to leave. Overall the ambiance of the setting was just what the doctor ordered after a day in the office and we all felt it was good value for money - would definately go back

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were told as to just how good the food was at Rickus and looking forward to it. Staff very friendly when made booking, good table on balcony, great view, lovely waitress. All good so far. Menu was rather uninspiring. Made order. Starter arrived. Baked Brie (Backed brie on menu) Small lump on brie zapped in microwave with 5 little crispy things. Bad start. Salad arrived. Greek salad. Boring iceberg lettuce with few olives and sprinkle of feta. No dressing. I asked for dressing. They seemed to have never heard of such a thing. I offered to show how to make in kitchen. Waitress, bless her, went off and made some. Her brave attempt could not cheer up a sad dish. Left hungry and very disappointed. Will not go again. I suggest you don't go either.
Rickus, get a new chef. One who has imagination and creativity. Not asking for much. Excellent food is not impossible and really quite easy to do.

1  Thank Boblamoon
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Been here three times now and always had a great experience. A wide variety of cocktails, the mojitos are lovely. Great value, well cooked food and good service. Attractive interior design but try and get a table on the balcony if the sun is out.
A great addition to Margate.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Me and my partner are quite fussy when it comes to choosing place to have a drink and nice meal. We loved this place as soon as we entered through the door. Beautiful decor, friendly staff, amazing food and huge selection of yammy coctails. And there is a small but cosy balcony overlooking beach where you can enjoy your drink. The little detail that we loved was that you can cuddle up into blanket supplied if the wind was too cold... Also, as we have a two year old son it was lovely we were given a colouring paper and pencils to keep him occupied while waiting for food.
We will definitelly love to be back to this place!

1  Thank Asta R
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Decided to try out the new restaurant, so I went in personally to book the table. The greeting was very welcoming and the booking went smoothly, asking questions of where i would like to sit for my booking. I decided to take coffee and sit outside on the balcony, the service was great, and the coffee lovely, so much so I ordered another. Looking forward to the meal now!