“More than just a cafe”
Review of Caffe Alma - CLOSED

Caffe Alma
Cuisines: Latin, South American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Caffe Alma was created in March 2013 and set out to provide excellent food and service on site. In August 2013, following 5 months of excellent reviews we decided to become mobile and spread our tastes and shared them with a wider community. Now we provide, several cooking courses for individuals and organisations, we cater for your event and cook dinner for you and your guests at a location of your choice as well as operating on a pop up basis. For updates please check our website to be aired very soon. watch out for the Caffe Alma team popping up near you!The original location remains a food business with no affiliation or association to Caffe Alma whatsoever! See you soon! Shanda
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“More than just a cafe”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I got in touch with the Caffe Alma on the off-chance that they may be able to provide a picnic for a day out (Manston Airshow) which I had arranged for my parents who live nearby - and they far exceeded my expectations.

Shanda was incredibly helpful and came up with the ideal menu for the day - including insisting on delivering fresh on the morning of the airshow before my parents set off. I was really impressed by the food and drinks available (half a piri-piri chicken, salads, baked sweet potatoes, bacon & cheese merenda bread, muffins, Brazilian beer and flavoured lemonades etc), all at a very reasonable price. My parents were thrilled by the picnic ( a lot of which was eaten before at the airshow thanks to the appalling traffic) and are destined to become regulars at the caffe.

Thank you again to Shanda and the team at Caffe Alma for helping to make my Dad's birthday especially memorable - I'll definitely be popping in next time I visit my parents.

1 Thank HelenMcW
ShandaFernandes, Manager at Caffe Alma, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Many thanks for your review, it was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you at our eatery one day soon. Shanda

Oundle, United Kingdom
“Lovely picnic”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My fabulous daughter booked tickets for the Manston Air Show for her dad's birthday and, as a sweetener for me, organised delivery of a picnic for us to take. (Thank goodness we had it because the 3 hours in traffic due to the shocking organisation of the event meant we weren't forced to walk along the dual carriageway to the services as many people had to.) It was delivered by 9.30am, obviously freshly cooked and included piri piri chicken, rissols, rice muffins, mixed salads, lime/mint lemonade and beers plus all the bits for eating. Beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. We saved the baked sweet potatoes for dinner that night. Will definitely pop along to the restaurant for a meal.

1 Thank crobson58
ShandaFernandes, Manager at Caffe Alma, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Many thanks for your review, it was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you at Caffe Alma sometime soon. Shanda
Margate, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty and excellent quality”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

As soon as i walked into Caffe Alma there was a warm and friendly atmosphere that instantly welcomes you in. I have eaten there a few times now and will continue to go back again and again. Firstly the soup of the day every time i have had it has been rich in flavor and delicious. Also i have had the piri piri chicken with mash which was divine and you could tell It had been prepared and cooked on the premises. I would recommend Caffe Alma to everyone that visits and lives in Margate...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank luke p
ShandaFernandes, Manager at Caffe Alma, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Many thanks for your review, it was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again soon. Shanda
Margate, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious honest food”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I eat here nearly everyday and the food never fails to impress, you can almost taste the love that goes into making it. I had an amazing chicken dish here saturday that was out of this world! I even have the soup for breakfast as its not only nutritious and tasty but also fills me up until dinnertime! The service is tiptop and Caffe Alma rightly deserves to be number one in Margate.

2 Thank M Adam P
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely hidden pearl”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hidden pearl of a restaurant in margate. Food is simply perfect, well balanced and very affordable. Outstanding service with a relaxed and dedicated to the costumer attitude. Food is well prepared and the fusion of flavours is sublime.

Visiting Margate? Be sure to visit this restaurant.

2 Thank Snorrarcisco