“Brilliant! Can't wait for next season.”
Review of Museum of Monstrosities - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Museum of Monstrosities
Type:
Margate
“Brilliant! Can't wait for next season.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was the main attraction of my sons 8th Birthday party last year. All 7 kids loved it (aged 2-8yrs). We also took Nan and Grandad. My Dad was convinced it was all real for the first 10 minutes and even asked where these artefacts were found. We face painted the kids and turned them into monsters (Didn't take long) before we brought them to the attraction. We fed them fish and chips by the clock tower and then let them go for a dip in the sea. My son said it was the best party ever. The venue kindly gave my son a poster too. I would thoroughly recommend a visit. My youngest who was two years old was a little nervous but the boys loved it.

Visited July 2012

Rochester,
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“P T Barnum lives!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a modern version of the old Victorian freak show.You are given a guided tour of an array of skeletons belonging to weird creatures now extinct (or are they?) . Vampire, werewolf, dragon - they're all there in the gloomy darkness, made visible with the torch of "operative 156". In one case, an exhibit long dead suddenly starts to move - after 156 disappears behind a screen. What a shame she missed it! With all her spiel and explanations, what would have been a 5 minute exhibition extends to a half-hour. But where is the missing professor? At the end of the tour, 156 suddenly notices his torn lab coat, glasses and ID card lying in a corner. You don't think one of the creatures could have...? No, it's too terrible to contemplate. Fortunately, operative 156 got us all out safely. Phew! Thanks 156. But I still don't know why operative 43 was "testing" a sponge-like substance in a perspex container - by poking it with a biro. Probably hush-hush. Maybe I shouldn't have told you. Darn! Hope they don't find out where I live...

Margate, United Kingdom
“Weird but wonderful!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Three generations of our family visited, ages ranging from 18 to 77, and we all thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The artefacts/models were bizarre but realistic and very well made and were presented to us by a lovely lady, aka ‘operative 197’ who was well informed, enthusiastic and convincing. The combination of fact and science fiction created both believable and interesting stories as to what the exhibits are and where they come from. Yes, some improvements could be made such as making the finale even more dramatic, but as long as you do not take this too seriously, and with a pinch of salt you’ll have wonderfully different experience.

Dover, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Poor props,boring explanations. We thought it was going to be real wierd and wonderful things, not props! After the first ten minutes stood staring at one exibit without moving on, we ducked out and asked for my money back! (Which they gave us without complaint).

We would not visit again.

1 Thank Lizzie W
Margate, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Weird but fun”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I took my wife, two teenage sons, and a friend to this attraction and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. The idea behind it was that we were visiting a science facility that studies paranormal creatures and were being shown around by a 'bumbling boffin'. The idea is very good, the exhibits are excellent, and the presentation was fun. Yes, there are small improvements they can make here and there (overhead lighting so the audience don't throw exhibits into darkness; and a shock finale) but £4.95 a head was good value. The rest of the audience seemed to enjoy it too. Not really for small children by the way.

Visited August 2012