“Hit and Miss”

Ranked #12 of 203 Restaurants in Margate
Dining options: Late Night
Description: This is a fish & chips place
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I live close to this place and eat from there regularly. My experience is that if you visit on a very busy day the quality of the food will be good, but if you visit on a slow day the quality can be awful. I avoid going here between 2-5 on a weekday, as it almost guaranteed to be poor quality. The chips can be tough as old boots and in the past I have been unable to eat them and had to throw them away. On the other hand, when I have visited at peak times during bank holiday the chips have been the best I've ever tasted, which is why it generally rates so highly I guess. I have rated this place average over all, though if there were an 'inconsistent' rating that would be more accurate. For people considering Pete's fish and chips... I'd advise you pick your times wisely!

Although I understand it is difficult for chip shops when business is slow, I also feel it is unacceptable to present paying customers with inedible food. This has happened to me on several occasions and that's why I'm not too happy with this place.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This really is the best fish and chips. A proper chippy. I live locally and so have visited a number of times and the quality is always good. Often there is a long queue but definitely worth the wait.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

What fantastice value for money. but not only that, the fish is great and they cook the best chips around for miles.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Visited Margate last week while staying with friends in Herne Bay. Stopped at Peters Fish Factory for a quick portion of chips and ive got to say they were the nicest chips ive had in a very long time! Highly recommended. (Will have to try the cod next time as well!) Lovely friendly service too!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Whenever we are in Margate (or sometimes Ramsgate) we like to visit Peter's. It is a good honest traditional chip shop, selling good food at a good price.

Always busy, as it is always a good meal, and with great views of Margate beach, in the summer nothing could be better than sitting outside in the evening enjoying fish and chips, often with a band playing nearby. In winter, much the same, but sitting in the car!

2  Thank ChrisBromley