Glenwood Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sands Hotel(Margate)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My Title refers to Margate in General not the Hotel. I have never been before and the reason we decided to go was I wanted a cheap B&B near the sea and so Margate it was!

The Hotel is a bit frayed around the edges but I have to say I have no complaints about it at all. The staff are all very friendly, the night porter could be the spitting image of Mr Burns from The Simpsons! The Double Room I stayed in was large clean and comfy and the shower hot. Loads of choice for Breakfast including Cereal, fruit and a Fry Up.

It was quite sad really as Like Margate itself it's just struggling to survive. You can see where in it's hayday it was a thriving hotel and a thriving resort. There are a few little gems in Margate though, the Beach is Lovely, the old Town has some good pubs and independent restaurants and I totally recommend the Curry house Cinnamon for one of the best curries I have ever had!

I hope it improves in time, would be a shame to see Margate fade away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great service from staff hotel was very clean but the hotel looks tired but overall pleasant stay. Close to beach great breakfast staff was so helpfull great taxi service very big hotel free parking I would stay their again if ever I need to go back to margate I am how ever used to staying in 4. / 5 star but that weekend every were was booked up but again I was pleasantly surprised after reading negative reviews

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A great budget hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and my single room was comfortable and spotlessly clean. The shower was hot - and very welcome after a soaking wet evening at the Sound Island Festival in Quex Park. I enjoyed breakfast the next morning, and the fresh coffee was an added surprise. I have paid more at other hotels for a lot less. Thank you everyone at The Glenwood for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2013

First time stayed one night had husband with me it was a treat for him did not want him to know price man behind desk 60 pounds please not welcome I have always paid end of stay tv not working no fan in room windows not good door to room hole in been tried to repair breakfast room more shabby than chic for what I paid only one of breakfast 1egg ect

Room Tip: As the song goes welcome to the hotel glenwood
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The staff working there are very friendly, helpful and polite.
The rooms are very clean and presentable.
Good value for money.

Only downside was the nighttime noise of the yobs in the street. No fault of the hotel though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple