“flee-pit manor.”

Glenwood Hotel
Glenwood Hotel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Margate
Reviewed September 3, 2012

for your heaths sake do not stay at this hotel.working all over the country i stay in different hotels and can honesly say this the worst hotel ever.the general state is seriously run down and generaly filthy,the staff have no idea what they are doing and cannot be botherd to help,the breakfast is cold mushrooms slimey,cereals are good but watch the milk its usualy off,do not complain you will be told that its your fault.bed was full of fleas and came away with 13 bites which made me ill over the next three days,towells are clean but they charge extra for clean towels on week-ends.police were called on two occasions because of immigrant dss residents who permantly live there.area is generally run down wach your valuables.better slill, sleep on a park bench its safer and cleaner.

Room Tip: there are no tips, hotel looks nothing like photos,
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank steve s

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Pictures of hotel and facilities looked o.k. but after seeing the hotel it is completely run down.
The staff were friendly the breakfast was average, the hotel boasts 53 rooms and I think only 8 were occupied this is a hotel in a run down area of Margate that even if money was spent on bringing it up to standard the area it is in will put people off.
My advice to the owners would be to do what most hoteliers seem to have done and that is sell up so that it can be converted to flats for the migrants that seem to flock to that area.

Room Tip: Not at this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peter W
Reviewed August 7, 2012

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!! I cannot put into words how DIRTY and DISGUSTING this hotel is...just believe me when I say I have stayed in cleaner shacks in third world countries!!! We stayed here for one night and we thank our lucky stars it wasn't for two nights like our friends we met there. Indeed, yes it is like something out of the twilight zone. We didn't even contemplate staying for breakfast on our friend’s advice, and upon seeing the FILTHY condition of the rooms we would never have considered it anyway. Regarding the night porter, yes we were lucky to get back in after our night out. MY BED had FLEAS ( YES REALLY..I squashed one!) and there was water pouring through the ceiling in the bay window (RM 11). On complaining as we left about the fleas the receptionist said we must have brought them with us! And apparently 3 other rooms had water coming in!) I really didn't have a response to that, although my friends came up with some great ones after..UNBELIEVABLE!!! The majority of rooms were occupied by DSS claimants. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! All this for a £80 per double per night..truly shocking!

Room Tip: ALL FILTHY...wouldn't recommend ANY!
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Jackie B
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have never reviewed a hotel before but on this occasion I felt compelled to. I stayed here for one night with some friends. We decided not to eat here because my friends had already been served a cold breakfast the morning we arrived and milk that was off . My friends saw in the kitchen that the breakfasts were cooked prior to people being seated for breakfast.
It rained on the Sunday morning and water leaked in the room.
Worst of all was that my friend found a couple of fleas in her bed, when we complained about this on departure, the receptionist stated that we could have brought them with us ............................. unbelievable and downright insulting!!!
The only good thing I would say is that the towels were clean and white.
This is truly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and they had the cheek to charge £80 for a double room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Sue A
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Do not book this hotel!!!! We stayed here for two nights and thought it was something out of the twilight zone. Breakfast was inedible - and was stone cold. We think it was cooked a few days prior - the mushrooms were probably a week old! The milk was off and had to send the elderly night porter to get some milk. Cutlery still had saliva marks from last guest Talking about the night porter we had to ring bell constantly when we came back to wake him up. The bed had fleas and there was water pouring in through the window. On complaining about the fleas the receptionist said we must have brought them with us. The curtains didnt fit and wouldnt shut. Most of rooms occupied by Dss claiments. They were fighting over a can off special brew when we left. Our friends wallet was also stolen. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: There is no good rooms...just dont go!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at the Glenwood Hotel 21st July and thank god it was only for one night.
The rooms were very basic and the television did not work. The curtains were white and the outside light shone through all night.
I found the owners were very rude when I complaned about the television.
The room cost £80.00 a night for myself and girlfriend I would not of paid more than £40.00 thats all it was worth.

Room Tip: Cannot think of anything
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank matthew m
Reviewed June 27, 2012

A big group of us stayed at The Glenwood on Decemeber 2010. It was a large group of work colleagues. We are all approx 18-35 years old and we were in Margate for our Christmas party and training. It also happened to be at the same time as the Glenwood's Turkey and Tinsel, so alot of older guests were present. The owners made it quite clear that we werent welcome, when serving breakdfast. The lady offered us beans with our fry up, when we said 'yes please', she said 'tough, we havnt got any!'. She also restricted us to one small glass of orange juice each, and if we went near to jug for more, she moaned. However, the middle aged guy who was managing the bar was very friendly and accommodating...UNLIKE THE OWNERS!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank laura h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Margate
Travelodge Margate Westwood
#1 of 12 in Margate
Somerville Hotel
Somerville Hotel
#8 of 12 in Margate

Been to Glenwood Hotel? Share your experiences!