“Bow's Kitchen dissapointment”
Review of Bow's Kitchen

Bow's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Bow's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 203 Restaurants in Margate
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bow's Kitchen is discretely situated above the Wig & Pen pub in Margate's Old Town.We have all of the benefits of links with the pub, whilst being separated enough to allow private dining.We are a few minutes walk from the Turner Contemporary Gallery and the seafront.There is ample local parking, on-street and in controlled car parks.The restaurant is accessed via the staircase inside the bar.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have moved near Margate and are still exploring restaurants and, following recent reviews for Bow's Kitchen, were looking for a good experience in an unlikely setting. We love Thai food and Thailand and whilst we do not expect 100% authenticity, we expected more. Previous reviews.stated extensive menus, not the case, not a problem but then another review stated magnificent food! We must have been there on a bad night (30/3/2013) because the mixed platter was poor, it seemed obvious the pork dumpling was of the frozen purchase as the grey looking meat had no freshness about it and the dumpling did not exactly melt in your mouth, the token salad offering on the dish was hilarious, couple of shreds of carrot with a thumbnail portion of shredded cabbage which did nothing to enhance the presentation. Three of us ordered different mains from a menu that seemed to replicate all the other dishes and we were proved correct. Rubbery noodles and prawns that also seemed to come from the freezer lacking any of the taste of the sea you would expect. All served in a brown, runny liquid. The room itself is a pub function room which is nice but lacks atmosphere, service was polite and helpful, our waiter was dressed in jeans and a shirt hanging outside his trousers and was obviously not a professional but made up for that with a quaint polite and helpful demeanour. I cook better Thai food without much effort, come on Bows Kitchen, we need a good Thai restaurant locally, keep on improving.

4  Thank Swaylands

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were sceptical as this restaurant is at the Wig and Pen pub but it has its own dedicated room upstairs. It doesn't suffer in any way from being in a pub and is much smarter than most of the other Thai restaurants in the area.

The restaurant is smart and traditional with a big stone fireplace and wood panelling - wisely the owners have decided not to try and dress the room to make it more thai - it's great as it is and makes a lovely change.

The food is magnificent - the best duck I have ever tasted - really good meat dishes made freshly to order and with good quality ingredients. The owner told me that they are very keen on the providence of their ingredients and while in the past I've always been a bit of a providence sceptic, I have to say you could certainly tell that the meat was high quality (especially the duck!).

We will definitely go back! Don't be put off by it being in a pub - it doesn't feel like that at all - its a really nice place!

1  Thank cfgdfgsdfg
Reviewed March 1, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant - quality fresh food cooked to perfection with the opportunity to tailor the spiciness and heat of your food for the less adventurous. Great front of house hospitality and very friendly waitress! Thanks to Bow and Tim for a superb evening - a deff family favourite from now on.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Can highly recommend Bows Kitchen. Good food , extensive menu plus very friendly service in an unfussy comfortable environment. This was our first visit but will certainly be eating there again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Bows Kitchen myself and partner came across by chance, while looking for somewhere to have dinner in Margate. I don't normally write reviews but I had to share the love that my partner and i had for this restaurant. the food was fresh, authentic and cooked by someone who understands flavour! I have eaten Thai many times but nothing as fresh or memorable as my meal at Bows Kitchen. I know I will be travelling the hours journey for great Thai food again. I recommend this restaurant to everyone and anyone, you will not regret it. Great service, great evening and great food...how can you go wrong? Will be returning soon!! My partner can't stop talking about it!

1  Thank Shantel B