“Wonderful atmosphere”

Lilly's By The Sea
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: As from the 22nd March 2013 Lilly's Bistro has changed ownership. Ian & Jules Darker-Larkings would like to thank all customers for their support and business over the last couple of years. We have had an amazing time and met many fantastic people, some of which have been gracious enough to take the time and write a review on here. As Lee & Tina take Lilly's forward we really hope that you all continue to show your support to Lilly's and continue to visit when you are in Margate. Thank you and Goodbye. Ian & Jules Darker-Larkings
“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Tina and Lee closed the restaurant for us as it was a get together for the ladies who retired to meet up with their work colleagues. I spent a lovely couple of hours with them all, it was nice seeing. Tina and Lee laid on a special Christmas dinner for us, starters, main dinner, mulled wine and desert, tea or coffee, the price she gave us was not enough for such a wonderful spread.
The food was excellent and very good value for money.
We were made very welcome by everyone, atmosphere was relaxing, we didn't feel rushed and we were able to sit on comfortable chairs to chat, drink coffee or tea or even wine. There was a book shelf with a selection of books for customers.
The whole restaurant was very clean and tidy.
I will be going there again and I would recommend it to everyone. You really should go there.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jenny R

“Still Brilliant !”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

How much better can it get to have a great meal or a drink with such friendly people as such prices. The ambiance is great, the owners are great, and the food is wonderfull, what more can be said !

• Visited November 2013
Eynsford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Pie & Mash”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I visited Lilly's By The Sea due to the reviews on Trip Advisor and I'm so glad I did. We were welcomed by Lee and Tina straight away, they are very nice welcoming people. The first thing you notice when you walk in is how clean and modern everything is, if you have ever been to Margate you will see that lots of the businesses are old and dated and in desperate need for a make over, when you walk into Lilly's it really is lovely fresh and modern. As I'm a London boy I decided to have the Pie, Mash & Liquor, it was beautiful and as good as some of the places back in London. Lilly's uses authentic Goddard's pies so your getting quality in your dish. I will definitely be using this place again and would recommend this to anyone.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank David J
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Working Lunch”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was advised to go here for lunch by the people I was working for.
Very impressed with my prawn marie-rose sandwich and a lovely pot of tea.
Quite a nice selection of food on the menu.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mel0253
“Still Splendid”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I wrote a review in August, and we thought that we would call in again, to ensure our last visit wasn't a fluke.
This time we took our son in law, and 22 month grandson, and everything was brilliant.
They looked after us from the moment we entered, untill we left. The food was just as good as last time, and once again I don't hesitate in recommending Lilly's.

• Visited October 2013