“Hidden gem”

Monsoon Indian Cuisine
Ranked #63 of 186 Restaurants in Margate
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Monsoon Indian Restaurant is a little venue with a big heart. Just a stone's throw away from the sights and sounds of Margate's seaside resort, this local restaurant is the perfect haven for hungry diners seeking a satisfying meal in relaxing surroundings. We present ourselves with a sophisticated space and private booths available for intimate dining. There's ample comfy leather furnishings perfect for unwinding with a refreshing drink from behind the bar, and a tray of fresh papadums ready for nibbling. Our menu grants diners a wealth of choice. Whether a hardcore curry fan or a complete novice, there is a dish for everyone to enjoy. With meals being cooked to order, our chefs are more than happy to create the perfectly palatable meal for individual tastes. There's a great range of Indian classics up for grabs; such as Korma, Balti, and Tandoori Dishes, but it's the house speciality menu that steals the show here at Monsoon. Diners hoping to try something new won't be disappointed with delights like Hunza Chicken flavoured with lemon juice, Special Fish Bhuna, and the Achar Gosht, Meat Tikka prepared in a pickle and herb sauce. Vegetarians are well looked after too, with a range of hearty dishes and side orders on the bill. The chefs at Monsoon can cook up a light lunch or an indulgent evening meal, and cater for all occasions. So if it's a romantic meal for two or a special evening out with family, this delightful curry house welcomes all to enjoy fantastic food and drink.
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Came on Christmas Eve 2012 and loved this little Indian,having moved nearby I prob would have driven past this little hidden gem on a fast road... Me and a friend had a set meal for 2 and was gorgeous, left very full up! Staff were very friendly and even took our coats which was a nice touch, classy and great food at great prices will def be a regular x

“Great food”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Have been using this little restaurant for many years for both "sit in" and "take aways". Has never disappointed. Food always first class. Highly recommended.

Kent
“Lovely food!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Lovely food, Great Service. Always happy to cook a dish off menu. Can't ask for more! Reasonable too!

• Visited August 2012
“Cracking little Indian!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Mental... 33rd best Restaurant in Margate? only 3 reviews? does nobody travel outside of Margate? Easy review, table for 6 Monday night £8.95 a head for starter, main meal, side and rice/naan! What's not to like, tasty food, lots of food and washed down with great beer! C'mon people head out from Margate or Westgate drop in and eat some great food at a great price!

• Visited September 2012
Margate, United Kingdom
“Contemporary Indian Cuisine with a Touch of Class”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was casting around for somewhere to eat my birthday lunch and went through the whole cannon from Michelin Stared gastronomy to McD’s and then remember a place I have driven past hundreds of times and wondered if it was any good – a ‘contemporary’ Indian restaurant… just what I wanted, close to home and different enough to amuse but not challenge my modest means.

I noted on the door some stickers about it getting awards a few years ago and I suspect the menu might well have changed a fair bit since then – my take is that it has had to cater for the general conservative take-away eater and pared down the novel to supply what many people want in terms of the same old Indian favourites. Nevertheless, they have retained quite a number of their own specialties one of which, Jinga Jafrani, I tried.

This is a king prawn dish that combines the best of ‘dansak’ with ‘shashlick’, a sauce giving about a Madras heat and the sweetness of dansak without the lentils or the sourness. I was an instant convert. Maggie went for her usual shashlick and we had our usual side dishes, although I tried their coconut rice for a change which was very nice but less coconutty than I would have likes – but then my favourite meal when visiting Sri Lanka was a village curry with heaps of fresh coconut shavings!

I overestimated my lunchtime appetite so we left with a doggy bag full enough to give me a substantial second meal. I washed it down with a Kingfisher beer – just he ticket.

The place styles itself ‘Contemporary Indian Cuisine with a Touch of Class’ and, having now tried it I can vouch for this as a spot on description!

• Visited June 2012