“A quirky little place in what is possibly the best spot in Margate”
Review of The Greedy Cow

The Greedy Cow
Ranked #1 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Margate
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Featured in the Waitrose Good Food Guide and Hardens restaurant guide 2016. We use fresh, local produce to Create our menu
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A hip independent café, trying - not without success - to put a bit of a twist on their menu as well as their interior. To be honest, I'd rate it 'Excellent' for the interior alone (that toilet is a work of art!), but they actually happen to serve nice sandwiches on fresh artisan bread - and the burger I had wasn't half-bad either (be warned though - the 'Tabasco mustard' does live up to its name!).

The drink situation was a bit odd - they are licensed to sell alcohol, but the beer section consisted of just one bottled option, if I'm not mistaken. Also my double espresso was barely the size of what I'd call a single shot - it was quite nice though...

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Having not been in Margate for over a year, it was great to find the Greedy Cow again and treat my Mum and myself to a superb sandwich, before we set off about the rest of the town. Lovely fresh bread and fillings, and great "posh" (=pot of tea) ;)
Will definitely eat here again Winter or Summer!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Popped in here for lunch today after browsing the various other menus dotted about the old town and this being the one that most took our fancy. I chose the gent burger and my friend opted for the pulled pork, both of us were thoroughly impressed with the speed and level of service and the prices. The food was beutifully cooked and packed with flavour, sitting outside on a warm summers day we felt like we could well have been somewhere else in the world. Undoubtedly we will both be returning in the near future!

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times now and it never disappoints. Last time I had the BLT, served with lovely fresh bread. No packet sliced bread which I can't stand. Coffee is pretty decent as well. Staff are always friendly. Even the toilet is beautiful!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Retro cafe up a winding staircase. Gentlemans Burger was one of the best I have ever eaten. Nice cup of tea.