The Greedy Cow
Ranked #11 of 201 Restaurants in Margate
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Featured in the Waitrose Good Food Guide and Hardens restaurant guide 2016. We use fresh, local produce to Create our menu
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I pop in often when at lunch, and always get a warm friendly welcome. The food is yum and well priced too and they always have something new to try. One of the best in Margate.

1  Thank foodietaster1

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great coffee. The best burgers in the southeast. The brownies and baked cheesecakes are in a league of their own. Great staff and ambience. Any time I'm in Margate I'll be at The Greedy Cow.

1  Thank Oscar S
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Haven't been to Margate for years and was just expecting some greasy spoon. However, the town is on the up and this place is the icing on the cake.
I opted for a halloumi and pepper sandwich and a latte. Lovely jubbly as Del Boy would say. My friend had a sausage sandwich and wanted it a particular way,"no problem" was the reply. Magnifique.
Nice food, nice decor and nice friendly staff. Why go anywhere else?
Will now go back to margate just for this place.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've only visited the Greedy Cow once on a brief trip to Margate, but we had a really delicious meal and I would recommend this place as a must if you are hungry and in Margate. The venue itself is really nicely decorated and the staff were friendly and helpful. I had a burger and I genuinely think one of the best meals you can have is a great homemade burger which is exactly what we got here. I followed it with a salted caramel brownie, which sounds a bit unusual, but it works and is yummy. I'm looking forward to visiting the area again so I can pop in for more delicious food.

1  Thank MrsClaireN
Reviewed June 16, 2013

It is often said that Margate doesn't always have a lot to offer...! This can be the case but, if you know where to look, you can find some wonderful hidden gems. The Greedy cow is one such gem and I will most certainly be going back there when I visit Margate again... There is one word that can really be used to describe the burger I had and that word is 'generous'...!!! It was cooked perfectly and all the bits that went with it just added to the overall taste explosion that my mouth had to deal with when I ate it... It is not easy to get something seemingly easy right but the guys at The Greedy Cow appear to have really got it down to a fine art. Add to the mix a great decor and infinitely friendly staff and you have a great little cafe that you can spend quite a lot of time at...!!! There is one problem though and that's the fact there isn't a 'Greedy Cow' near me in good old London town...!!!!! Keep up the good work people...

1  Thank bigbadginger