“Very yummy!”

Ranked #4 of 206 Restaurants in Margate
Cuisines: Thai, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thai English Eaterie open from 10am until 2.30pm then 5pm until 10pm last orders 9.30ish Tuesday until Saturday. Breakfasts served all day, like the T.J. Special( Egg, Smoked Danish Bacon, Cumberland Sausage, Beans, Tomatoes, Hash Brown, Mushrooms and Hot Toast with real Butter!!!! All for £4.95) As is our authentic home cooked Thai food cooked by Noi our Fantastic Thai Housewife/Cook who creates absolutely fantastic food, spiced to your taste. Come and sample our mouth watering Thai curries or Noi's now famous Yummy Yama (Mango Curry) Children's meals also available at £3.50 Kids Breakfast, Real Chicken Nuggets or Fish Fingers all served with Chips and Beans or Mash and Veg plus a fruit juice, we now do any Thai meal half portion for children.We look forward to meeting you soon Sawadee Krap Keep a look out we are opening Sundays soon
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Never had Thai food but I wish I'd had it sooner! I had the duck noodle soup and it was amazing! Could only eat half of it though as it was so filling :)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Lunchtime had a wonderful meal yet again, satay and coconut soup to start, yummy, then green and a red curry, washed down with a jasmin tea. All that for £20. It's 6.30 now 5 hours later and we are still full. Wonderful restaurant in Margate, great chef and friendly owners. DO NOT MISS THIS FAB RESTAURANT.

2  Thank Itsmemaxina
Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you are looking for good food with friendly service and without pretentious atmosphere that often comes with food of this quality, then look no further. The welcome is warm, the food is amazingly good and you will be doubly amazed at the prices which are much too cheap. But.... the prefer cheap and down to earth to expensive and snooty. You will enjoy eating here.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

First visit to Yama's tonight but it won't be our last. Excellent, fresh and delicious food. Very friendly atmosphere and so reasonable. Will be back very soon.

1  Thank Happyfeetkent
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We chose this place on the basis of the good reviews. The visit did not start well with our feet sticking to the floor as we walked in but undeterred we sat down and ordered. I went over to the offie as the place is a BYO and brought back drinks. So far OK.

The starters were pretty average spring rolls, satay chicken, dumplings and crab/fish cakes. The soup was bland. Sorry I judge a place by its Tom Yum Gai and it failed. The mains were not awful but the three Thai restaurants in Broadstairs can beat it hands down on the main courses.

It is a cafe. It is run by a chatty English bloke, his Thai family and a Thai cook. Maybe they unspice the food for the Brits? Trouble is that most Brits have been going to Thai restaurants for more than a decade and it missed the mark.

8  Thank Pruritus
terry s, Manager at Yama's, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hi Itchy Bum (Pruritus Ani) thank you for your review and thank you for looking at tripadvisor.co.uk to help you make the decision to come here to Yama’s as many people from all over the world do. To answer your review I would like to say that I do remember you visiting us you arrived just after a party of 6 adults and four little ones had left and the floor was a little messy!! I think sticking to the floor a bit over the top! We do like children here. As they say “You can’t please all the people all the time” and sorry we did not please you, the starters you mention are well received by our friends here at Yama’s, the ‘crab fish cakes???’ are actually made from Purple Spotted Big Fish!!! How exotic is that! A little different from crab I think. Sorry to hear that you think our now Famous Tom Yum Gai Soup is bland we have someone who comes here 5 days a week (Kelly, for the last 12 months) just for the Tom Yum who lived in Thailand for many years. Glad to hear that our mains were not awful!!!, and good luck to all Thai Restaurants in Thanet we love them all. But don’t forget we are a Café!!! And proud to be, we serve Restaurant meals at Café prices. I must say that I do love to chat to all the people that come here, you don’t get that everywhere. My beautiful Thai wife Noi and children T.J. 5 years old and Angel 7 months old however do not at this time run the Café. Pan our Thai (Cook?) CHEF!!! Has many years’ experience in Thailand and England and we are so proud, lucky and happy to have him here. Now! unspice the food??? I do not understand what you mean as a chatty person I say to all our friends that come to Yama’s how do you like it spiced???mild? medium? Spicey? As I said to you, and yes apparently as you say Brits have been going to Thai restaurants for more than a decade!! But not THAI CAFES!!! Anyway sorry we missed the mark for you. But still number 1 in Margate, Thanet, Kent and number 4 in the South East of England
Terry, Pan and Familyx