“Okay but not what I expected.”
Review of Cinnamon Spice - CLOSED

Cinnamon Spice
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cinnamon Spice brings to you the authentic taste of Indian cuisine in Margate, Kent. Using traditional aromatic spices and best produce we prepare delicious dishes in town. We offer enjoyable, memorable dining experiences -finest Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine, fused exotically with a unique ethnic edge., Exciting interiors & stylish hospitality. Our 50 plus sitting capacity restaurant is a great party venue for any type of occasions.Please make advance bookings for the large parties to avoid any disappointment. The Cinnamon Spice now offers it customers the ability to place their orders online for delivery or collection in person from our restaurant. Our delivery service is free of charge locally. We look forward to catering for your needs.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had come here on recommendation. Thought we'd try a different Indian. I wasn't so sure as I really like the Riz, but thought it'd make a change.
The restaurant is clean, bright and modern with a nice view outside and I washed my hands in the bathroom, also very clean.
Staff is polite though sometimes lacking in a little conversation, Manager polite and chatted.
Restaurant empty, waiter directed another couple to the table next to us even though the other side of the restaurant was empty, shame that we could hear one another's conversations when there was so many tables empty. At least there was a little Bollywood music in the background.

Food: Service was prompt, food hot. Food okay but could be a little spicier for my taste. One thing that really bugs me about local restaurants is that I know they have to use local ingredients but I really don't like sweetcorn piece in curries (they were in the rice and one curry).

The naan was authentic however, but I felt that could have been more garlicky but that's my taste.

Overall, clean nice restaurant and food is okay.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Three of us had a really nice meal at this restaurant, the food was cooked really well, & the service was very good. The decor is modern & very comfortable. They also take the Taste card which dramatically reduced our bill.

1  Thank Paragonmargate
Cinnamon M, Manager at Cinnamon Spice, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for being our valued customer. We are grateful for the pleasure of serving you. We appreciate your trust, and we’ll do our best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve As a management of Cinnamon Spice We are pleased that you have recommended our restaurant to our prospect customers. We value your patronage and appreciate your confidence in our restaurant and quality of the food and service. Thank you and looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had a warm and friendly welcome on a beautiful warm evening in Margate. The proprietors were in attendance and the lady owner looked radiant in her elegant sari. The Murgha Liver starter (chicken livers in a spicy sauce wrapped in a thin pancake)was divine and the main course of Chicken Chettinad was exquisite with cinnamon pods,cardamon pods and lightly spiced with cumin,chilli and star anise and accompanied by vegetable korma, mushroom pilau rice and chana dal. Our evening was enhanced by the attentive service of Koysor who topped the evening with two perfect liqueur coffees. I can't wait to come again as the lighting and view of the harbour contributed to a memorable evening.

1  Thank bripor

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ate at Cinnamon Spice last week and it was one of the most delicious curries I have ever had! The flavours were amazing, the food was freshly prepared with high quality ingredients (I had a lamb based dish and there wasn't even a hint of gristle), and I couldn't fault it. The service was great too. I would highly recommend it. It was good value for money and had amazing sea views. Bliss :)

Cinnamon M, Manager at Cinnamon Spice, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Reviewed August 14, 2013

It's the third time we have eaten here now and it's always very good. I recommend. They've just had a makeover and it has a really nice atmosphere as well .