“Stunning Venue”
Review of Theatre Royal

Theatre Royal
Ranked #10 of 54 things to do in Margate
More attraction details
Owner description: A gem of a theatre in Margate town presenting an exciting mix of shows and events.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I have just enjoyed a performance of Parsons Pirates, a fabulous offering from the Opera Della Luna. An hilarious rendition of Gilbert and Sullivan superbly sung and acted by a great touring troupe. What more can be said of this fabulous venue. If you love theatre, you will fall in love with this one. Ornate, cosy, red velvet, all the things that you associate with an historic theatre. This is like one of the best London theatres, but in miniature. Looking at the list of upcoming shows, there appears to be something for everyone. The only sadness is that few shows appear to be sold out or even well supported. So, come on Thanet, get off your bottoms and visit this gem on your doorstep. As the saying goes, use it or lose it.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went to see Jeremy Hardy tonight as I'm a fan of both him and the Most Beautiful Theatre Royal Margate... This is a welcoming, wonderful place which enthrals and makes me uber happy each time I enter. The staff are loverleee and generous of spirit and make one feel a sense of belonging from entry to exit... There is a warmth in the building I cannot explain, it wraps itself around you, I feel this in no other theatre, it oozes something which is unexplainable... Simply makes me want to return over and over and bring friends and tell all what a jewel in the crown this is for Margate and all of us who live in the locale... How fortunate we are to have this amazing place with its chequered history and its beauty... I cannot imagine being disappointed ever by this wondrous place, even if the gig is dire, you still have the richness about you when sitting and it's sooo very ok to be distracted because who wouldn't be... Thankyou all at Theatre Royal for the work that goes in to make this so magical for us...

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We saw a great show here The Capitol Years. Based around the musice of The Capitol label of the late 50' and 60's with a loy of very well performed empasis on Frank Sinatra. The was also some Marrlyn Monroe and Eartha Kitt, performed by the wonderfully glamorous and hugely talented Kittty LaRoar. This girl sings jazz like an angel and I really would like to see here with a good jazz group doing just that! The comptent baritone of Kevin Fitzsimmons worked well on the Sinatra numbers, and the Pete Long Orchestra was top rate ( although the sound reprodution in the first half was out of balance and somewhat overamplified for this very intimate theater venue). A wonderful night though and we shall be returning to The Royal Theatre Margate. It has taken us four years since coming to live in Broadstairs to discover this great spot, if you are a local, or planning a visit, do support it.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We enjoyed another pleasant evening of entertainment at this very beautiful theatre in Margate. The seating is comfortable although a little cramped and the decorative surroundings are quite stunning. Bar prices are expensive for example £2 for a bottle of water or a small lemonade. They have had some very good acts booked here!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

i was so surprised at the great acts on here, i shouldnt be, why wouldnt they come here as a venue! i now anxiously await my program so i can see ''whats on!!''

Kyle F, Public Relations Manager at Theatre Royal, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thanks Jsscbly

Hope you enjoy the Autumn season of shows... some fantastic offerings for everyone in the new guide. We look forward to welcoming you again. :-)