“Delicious cakes.” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Cupcake Cafe
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Margate
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
E.London
“Delicious cakes.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Every time we visit Margate, this is our first port of call for a pot of Earl Grey and 2 slices of delicious cake. The cakes vary, the tea does not. Friendly service, lovely location and a varied menu. Not much else to add, other than we love it, and heartily recommend this lovely little tea shop.

• Visited July 2014

Broadstairs, England, United Kingdom
“Cheese on Toast Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Situated in the great retro quarter of Margate Old town,The Cupcake Cafe has become a weekly must have for myself and my (Diva) mother,nearly always end up having The Cheese on toast ,very hearty portion ,lovely doorstep granary bread served with a salad and the most wonderful red onion marmalade served on lovely retro china,proper pot of tea and a lovely selection of cakes to choose from,staff are lovely,very friendly and helpful and I think the food is great value price wise,Oh and the toilets are worth a visit,just for the pretty decor!!

Margate, United Kingdom
“I just love the Cupcakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I come to The Cupcake Cafe quite often to treat the girls at work with a nice box of random Cupcakes. ALWAYS brightens up their day (and mine too!!)

My favourite Cupcake has to be the chocolate peanut butter, it melts in your mouth!

Staff are cheerful and always have a smile on their face :)
Can't wait to get back in there for another box!

2 Thank cle-pops
Kent, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I love going to the cupcake cafe it's now a weekly event for us. I highly recommend their lime and coconut cake it's beautiful.

London, United Kingdom
“It grows on you.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have visited this café on two occasions. To be honest, the first visit left me a little nonplussed. It was nice enough and set in a good enough location and it was fine, but it was just that. I would have given three stars for that first visit. Nothing wrong with the place and five stars for having gluten free on the menu. I think the main problem for me was that being close to London I am spoilt for choice with every type of restaurant and cuisine imaginable. And I have to say that there is somewhere that does this better. Not in London, but in Tettenhall in the West Midlands, so the Cupcake Café need not fear the competition !!!!

This time it seemed better. Once again it was a family lunch. My mother is a regular here and adores the place. I enjoyed the food better this time round and the overall vibe seemed a little more relaxed.
On the whole I think it IS good. And it still gets a clear five stars for catering for coeliac sufferers. I do think, however, that the prices are a little optimistic . But hey ho.

• 3 of 5 bubbles