“Excellent!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I visit Cafe G on a regular basis, staff are friendly and happy to chat! Excellent coffee and I am addicted to their smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches, very generous :-). I am happy to recommend it to everyone!

• Visited February 2013
7 Thank carolineAallum

Margate, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went here and got an hot chocolate. The waiter was too busy talking fom behind the counter to a group of women next to us about giving birth, not really what you want to hear from a group of strangers. Didn't even look at us when we paid or say please or thank you! Only visit if you want a discussion on child birth or hear about the house he rents out! Won't be going back there are far better places to get a hot chocolate in the old town.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Mazzy36
Margate
“Cafe by the Sea”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is lovely in Cafe G's the place is always clean, Staff are pleasant, polite and always willing to help, the view is the best you will get.

They are always smiling, it is one of the few places that you can go to on a Sunday, it is open 7 days a week, just had a pot of tea last time we went in there, it was served with a smile.

Everyone is made to feel welcome whether you are alocal or a visitor. Keep up the good work.

• Visited January 2013
8 Thank MargateTreacle
Margate, Kent
“What a way to treat regulars!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have frequented this coffee house over the years and spent a fortune in it. The coffee is always first class, the wine cold and delicious and the food very tasty. I would say that I'm a regular customer but you'd never guess! The staff are 'sometimes' friendly and the proprietor is aloof and inconsistent - I was quite happy to put up with that but not any more! The amount of times we have sat at a table and he puts the chairs up on the table, draws the blinds, etc!! Don't sell me a bottle of wine if you intend to close then! And I'm also insulted that he keeps tables 'reserved' - I have to sit in an uncomfortable chair so later his pals can have the sofas and guffaw over the champagne! When I asked if I could reserve, I was treated to a curt no! You have a lovely business but there are now many other places in the old town where folk can go and be guaranteed a warmer welcome!

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank PitawayirpurseJean
Kent, United Kingdom
“Tastiest coffee ever!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Dan makes the loviest coffee in Margate! Lovely friendly place, very cosy. Also offers great seaside views of Margate.

• Visited December 2012