“What a way to treat regulars!”
Review of Cafe G

Cafe G
Ranked #4 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Margate
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have frequented this coffee house over the years and spent a fortune in it. The coffee is always first class, the wine cold and delicious and the food very tasty. I would say that I'm a regular customer but you'd never guess! The staff are 'sometimes' friendly and the proprietor is aloof and inconsistent - I was quite happy to put up with that but not any more! The amount of times we have sat at a table and he puts the chairs up on the table, draws the blinds, etc!! Don't sell me a bottle of wine if you intend to close then! And I'm also insulted that he keeps tables 'reserved' - I have to sit in an uncomfortable chair so later his pals can have the sofas and guffaw over the champagne! When I asked if I could reserve, I was treated to a curt no! You have a lovely business but there are now many other places in the old town where folk can go and be guaranteed a warmer welcome!

5  Thank PitawayirpurseJean
There are newer reviews for Cafe G

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Dan makes the loviest coffee in Margate! Lovely friendly place, very cosy. Also offers great seaside views of Margate.

8  Thank Joanne I
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Visited Margate to visit the Turner Contempory to view the new artwork with my Grandmother and Cafe G was recommended to us and my weren't they right! As soon as we walked in it was a warm atmosphere and we were greeted with smiles from the staff. My grandmother ordered a cheese ploughmans which she thoroughly enjoyed and a meze for myself which was simply scrumptious followed with two cappucinos which was good quality coffee staff were superb and me and my grandmother will be coming here again as they made two women happy

7  Thank rachel_2259
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Been to Cafe G many times. It can be very hit and miss. Menu in need of an overhaul, ham plough and I had recently was very disappointing with cheap catering sandwich ham, a downgrade I'd had on the ham I'd previously had there!

Staff are not particularly friendly on arrival. Still a nice place to go for a coffee though.

5  Thank Loulous29
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Only had a G's special - hot chocolate full of marshmallow pieces and topped with whipped cream (okay - probably out of a spray can). But it tasted dee-lish! Especially if you're feeling depressed and disappointed after visiting the Turner Modern exhibition.

6  Thank Plovdivlover