“Caribbean Night Delight”
Review of Mullins Brasserie

Mullins Brasserie
Ranked #10 of 215 Restaurants in Margate
Cuisines: Caribbean, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2017

Just passing by and decided to see if the restaurant could make a space for us as we had not reserved a table. I have to say how glad I am that they did!
Fantastic menu, beautifully cooked food, lovely wine to compliment and staff were fantastic. Only comment is how the heck do they do it for the price??? £24.95 per head for 5 courses, I would have paid another £15 per head without complaint!

1  Thank erindoors123

Reviewed December 2, 2017

First time I been so I am prepared to give a little, ordered a sirloin and and fish for my partner. No horseradish or English mustard, shame. the best was the Irish coffee at the end. I know my beef I eat out a lot, don't think I will be back sorry.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

My husband booked this as a surprise one evening. We usually like brasserie food but didn't enjoy this as there was no real flavour in anything we ordered (3 courses) It needed seasoning and Flavour!
As we left, feeling very disappointed (as it wasn't cheap so it felt such a waste of money) I remembered my niece (45yrs old) had been here a few weeks before to meet some friends. They spotted Mullins so went off and parked their car nearby. The meal lasted quite a while as they hadn't met up for years.
When she came to see me she said what a disappointment this place called Mullins had been, they found the food bland, expensive and even the parking cost over £7.
Their chef maybe needs some new ideas and enthusiasm.

1  Thank Smeesue
Reviewed November 7, 2017

Three of us, on a work trip to Margate, ate here on a cold Tuesday evening in November and really enjoyed it. It was quiet and there were only 3 or 4 other tables occupied when we were there.

We all had the curried goat, which even my Jamaican heritage colleague said was OK - which is something of an endorsement of their ‘modern European with a Caribbean twist’ claim. Two of us shared the ginger sponge pudding, which was fine without being anything to write home about.

2  Thank John A
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Gave up waiting after 45 minutes ... to be honest, I didn't like the sound of much on the menu ... everything was cooked in a West Indian style and some of the items sounded most odd.
The staff were young and inexperienced and nobody seemed to be in charge ... a minor disaster and I won't be returning.