“Valentines Day Evening Meal”
Review of BeBeached

BeBeached
Ranked #16 of 186 Restaurants in Margate
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Valentines Day Evening Meal”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I dined at BeBeached on Valentine’s Day with two good friends. The meal was exceptional (as always). We have eaten in many different restaurants including 1 and 2 star Michelin establishments. For value for money, BeBeached has to be at the top with every day prices. I would describe it as a small rustic restaurant with a charm all of its own and in perfect keeping with its surroundings. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. Situated on Margate’s historic pier and very close to the old town and the Turner Gallery. Jean, the owner, is passionate about food and in my opinion this is what makes BeBeached so special, whether you are ordering a burger (you won’t get better), Sunday lunch or one of the other amazing delights on offer such as braised venison with chocolate, king prawns in a sherry sauce or clams and chorizo in an artichoke cream etc.. With several hundred restaurants in Thanet, if you are into food this is one that you will keep on coming back too. We do!

1 Thank Graham C

Margate, United Kingdom
“No Toilets”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Heard about this place,walked past it many times,so decided to visit,
Food was average,atmosphere and service were ok,but at £10 for a burger meal quite expensive.
Worst of all it had no toilet,you had to walk along the peer to use some rather dirty public toilets.

1 Thank Solihull1964
London
“So good we returned for lunch”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a superb evening at Bebeached following the GEEK2014 event in Margate. I had prawns to start followed by a venison casserole, both excellent. Dessert and Rioja also excellent. Two three course meals and wine for less than 65 quid is also great value for this quality. It was so good I returned for lunch the following day. I cannot believe any reviews here faulting the service. It is literally immaculate and we were made to feel so welcome by the charming owner. If this was my local restaurant I would visit weekly.

1 Thank benmilesbc
Folkestone, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Decided to try this place out for a valentines dinner as other places in the surrounding area were fully booked, i am thoroughly glad i did, it was beautifully decorated for the occasion and felt unique and romantic.

Although a fairly small place they make the most of the space they have, and certainly did not affect the quality of the meal was superb, the starter easily the best me and my partner have ever had both agreed upon tasting the king prawns, the main was even better than the starter i had the meatloaf and my partner the chicken, the deserts didn't disappoint either both of us opting for the dark cherry triffle which was equally nice.

Service was fantastic and would check with us every so often to ensure we are enjoying our meal and to check if they could do anything to improve, i would easily recommend this place to anyone i know in a heartbeat.

1 Thank JamesHamilton791
Broadstairs
“Valentines Day Massacre!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I am not usually accustomed to commentating on other peoples reviews but when I saw "Globsy's" I felt compelled to comment. I went to Bebeached on Valentines night and had an exceptional evening. The starter of scallops served in a kind of soup was superb. I was a little apprehensive about the main course of Venison with chocolate as I had a similar dish in a top London restaurant and found it overpowering. I needn't of worried as it was so delicate and complimented the dish. There are cooking smells that emanate from the kitchen but it is understandable given the limited space the cooks have to work in (this is after all a small cafe/restaurant on a harbour arm). How they manage to serve food of such quality from such a space amazes me.
Having enjoyed myself so much I returned for Sunday lunch which was another treat (I shall save this review for another time)
Whilst sitting near the entrance I saw a woman in a wheelchair come in with a younger couple. The waitress was cleaning up spilt horseradish sauce from under the table when the party asked if she could accommodate a wheelchair. The waitress replied that the table she was cleaning was the only one as the rest of the restaurant is on a different level. The party sat down at the newly cleaned table and ordered 3 drinks during a busy lunch serving.
I noticed the lady ask the waitress a question which she clearly could not understand and she referred her to the cafe's owner.
The party drank their drinks and left.
Firstly, the cafe did not smell of "wet dogs" Would all the other diners happily finish their meals in such an environment?
Secondly, they appeared to drink hot chocolates and a coke. They didn't complain at the time and all finished them. I have previously enjoyed hot chocolate at Bebeached and can't imagine what could be wrong with a coke!
Why do some people always have to complain on the internet without giving the staff the opportunity of responding direct?!!
I shall be returning soon for another pleasurable experience!

Visited February 2014