“A truly special experience”
Review of The Reading Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Margate
The Reading Rooms
Ranked #2 of 13 Margate B&B and Inns
Somerset
“A truly special experience”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

My partner booked The Reading Rooms for my 50th Birthday celebrations after I had mentioned seeing on Hotel Rescue.
This is a truly wonderful B and B that deserves all the high praise received since opening. The bedrooms and bathrooms are sumptious. The breakfast in the room made us feel thoroughily spoilt and the views of the trees blowing in the wind and the sea in the distance were a delight.
We had two excellent dinners at the Indian and Italian, both of which were recommended by Louise and Liam.
This is a very professionally run business that has got every detail spot on.
I have come back feeling refreshed which is what a break should do!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Glasgow
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Utterly tremendous. We stayed for one night over the Easter holidays and we wished we'd booked for longer. We stayed in Room 1 - and it's every bit as luxurious as the photos on the website suggest. Attention to detail throughout the bedroom and stunning bathroom was spot on - little touches such as fresh milk with the tea/coffee and complimentary slippers to pad around the place really made this place sing. With such enormous windows and high ceilings, my main concern was always going to be the heating, but some very effective underfloor heating in the bedroom combined with some gorgeous antique radiators in the bathroom ensured that the place was consistently toasty. However fantastic the room was though, I have to say that my favourite bit was having a delicious breakfast delivered to the room at a time when we specified. Why on earth do more places not do this?? It's so civilised - no silent dining rooms to contend with - no interaction with strangers over the breakfast table - no getting dressed and showered before you face your sausages - it's brekkie as it should be - fried and in your pyjamas - absolutely brilliant!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
bloomsbury
Reviewed April 6, 2010

the beds are soo comfortable at the reading rooms, that i didn't want to get up and out. i could have stayed all day lounging in the top floor room with the sunshine streaming through the windows...the only reason i finally did get out of bed was to have the most luscious and sumptious vegetarian cooked breakfast ever...there was grilled haloumi!!!!

then i would have got back to bed, but i had to try the bathtub...after having an earlier shower in the spacious bathroom with double sinks...mmmm....so worth getting dirty for.

Surrey
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I had looked forward to coming to the Reading Rooms for so long, and my husband said it could never match up to my very high expectations. But I am glad to say he was wrong! Everything was just as I had hoped for, from the stylish decor, to the luxurious bathrooms, the delicious food and the charming hosts. It was really wonderful and I'm so glad we treated ourselves to this lovely weekend break. I wish Louise and Liam every success with this great business venture.

london
Reviewed March 10, 2010

The Reading Rooms is a beautiful B&B with 3 equally well appointed rooms each with the most luxurious ensuite. Our bathroom was bigger in size than my bedroom at home and the roll top bath was somehow just the perfect length for myself at 5ft 6 tall and my partner at 6ft tall. Having breakfast made especially for you and delivered to your room at whatever time you wanted was the ultimate treat.
They have restored the Georgian house carefully revealing its history but allowing the best of todays requirements for modern living to sit comfortably alongside the Georgian splendour.
Louise and Liam are very helpful and knowledgeable about the local area, able to advise on restaurants and sights to see in the area, offering to book tables where necessary. My partner and I are planning when we can go back for another restful viist.

London
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed for a night on the first floor and then moved to the top floor our next night. Both rooms were beautifully furnished and contained all modern conveniences including a DVD player and wifi connection. The bathrooms were luxurious, each with a claw foot tub and his and hers sinks. There was a large and varied selection of fresh organic produce for breakast which was carefully prepared and served in our rooms. The owners Louise and Liam were warm, gracious and generous and their recommendations for nearby places to eat were spot on. I cannot recommend this lovely place enough.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My girlfriend and were simply amazed at "how right" the friendly and welcoming owners have got this place - simply wonderful, we stayed in room 2 and at 6ft 2" I managed to have a long soak in a bath that I could fit in - a rareity !! The ambience and decor of the building needs to be experienced - absolutely first class !! Ian J ..........

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple