“great place to get dirty and relax!”
Review of The Reading Rooms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Margate
The Reading Rooms
Ranked #2 of 11 Margate B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2010

the beds are soo comfortable at the reading rooms, that i didn't want to get up and out. i could have stayed all day lounging in the top floor room with the sunshine streaming through the windows...the only reason i finally did get out of bed was to have the most luscious and sumptious vegetarian cooked breakfast ever...there was grilled haloumi!!!!

then i would have got back to bed, but i had to try the bathtub...after having an earlier shower in the spacious bathroom with double sinks...mmmm....so worth getting dirty for.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

I had looked forward to coming to the Reading Rooms for so long, and my husband said it could never match up to my very high expectations. But I am glad to say he was wrong! Everything was just as I had hoped for, from the stylish decor, to the luxurious bathrooms, the delicious food and the charming hosts. It was really wonderful and I'm so glad we treated ourselves to this lovely weekend break. I wish Louise and Liam every success with this great business venture.

Reviewed March 10, 2010

The Reading Rooms is a beautiful B&B with 3 equally well appointed rooms each with the most luxurious ensuite. Our bathroom was bigger in size than my bedroom at home and the roll top bath was somehow just the perfect length for myself at 5ft 6 tall and my partner at 6ft tall. Having breakfast made especially for you and delivered to your room at whatever time you wanted was the ultimate treat.
They have restored the Georgian house carefully revealing its history but allowing the best of todays requirements for modern living to sit comfortably alongside the Georgian splendour.
Louise and Liam are very helpful and knowledgeable about the local area, able to advise on restaurants and sights to see in the area, offering to book tables where necessary. My partner and I are planning when we can go back for another restful viist.

Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed for a night on the first floor and then moved to the top floor our next night. Both rooms were beautifully furnished and contained all modern conveniences including a DVD player and wifi connection. The bathrooms were luxurious, each with a claw foot tub and his and hers sinks. There was a large and varied selection of fresh organic produce for breakast which was carefully prepared and served in our rooms. The owners Louise and Liam were warm, gracious and generous and their recommendations for nearby places to eat were spot on. I cannot recommend this lovely place enough.

Reviewed March 1, 2010

My girlfriend and were simply amazed at "how right" the friendly and welcoming owners have got this place - simply wonderful, we stayed in room 2 and at 6ft 2" I managed to have a long soak in a bath that I could fit in - a rareity !! The ambience and decor of the building needs to be experienced - absolutely first class !! Ian J ..........

Reviewed February 26, 2010

We stayed in Room 1 for one night and wish we had stayed for at least one more night so we could have spent a whole day in our bathrobes relaxing, reading and watching DVDs in the stunning room in the million thread count fine cotton sheets on the enormous, very comfortable bed and in the gorgeous bathroom. Everything was luxurious and wonderfully clean. Louise and Liam were wonderful hosts - very warm and friendly - and their cooked breakfast was the best quality (excellent sausage, bacon and eggs, freshly pressed juice and fresh fruit and home baked bread I think) in line with everything else. We had a lovely lunch at the Harbour Cafe and very much enjoyed the amazing Shell Grotto, which Louise recommended. Come here with your partner for a cosy, lazy time, and stay for at least two nights to really enjoy the room.

Reviewed January 31, 2010