“Probably Best Avoided :(”

The Harbour Cafe Bar Kitchen
Ranked #110 of 186 Restaurants in Margate
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Probably Best Avoided :(”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Unusual situation with this particular cafe, i have been a few times, and the results are mixed. The food & coffee is nothing special, but is ok, however the breakfast is quite good. The main problem is the owner/manageress who appears to have a slight personality disorder, a bit Basil Fawlty but with more rudness than humour. Might also be best to avoid the toilets :)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Paragonmargate

West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have been here a couple of times for their vegetarian all day breakfast's. Each time we have been warmly welcomed by friendly attentive staff. The food has always been nice and the atmosphere relaxing. Would definitely be going back,

London
“Don't dare.....”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Average food on a good location sometimes works, if the service is good. Not at this place, the friendly waiting staff is undermined by this person, who thinks she can treat people rudely and scolding her dinners away.

4 Thank TheMiguel
Margate, United Kingdom
“Nice place, friendly service”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really like this little cafe. We've been here twice and both times we've enjoyed it. This time was a quick snack lunch as the car was on a meter but we visited following a trip to the Turner.

I had the Goats cheese and spinach tart and my husband had the burger. They were both perfectly nice, the burger would have been a bit over herbed for me but my husband enjoyed it, it isn't gourmet food it is a bistro style menu. The ambience and decor are kooky and nice and the young chap who has served us twice is great, really friendly engaging and helpful.

We visited on Easter Monday and it was exceptionally busy, but they dealt very well with the rush.

London, United Kingdom
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We met a local friend there Saturday lunchtime. Liked the location, the interior and we had a warm welcome. I ordered the all day vegetarian breakfast, as I tend to think you can't go much wrong with a breakfast. Being a bit unsure about. 'Vegetarian' sausages in general , I asked for just one instead of two...thank goodness I did ..it was inedible. I got just one egg, a few beans that looked and tasted like they had been reheated a few times, some tasteless potatoes croquettes and an odd slice of toast come eggy bread?
Sorry this place has such potential.
My friend has the 'home made' fish cakes..she said she did not really notice the flavour and she had a strange smell about her afterwards...from the stale tartare sauce?

• Visited March 2013