“Nice place, friendly service”

The Harbour Cafe Bar Kitchen
Ranked #107 of 184 Restaurants in Margate
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Margate, United Kingdom
“Nice place, friendly service”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really like this little cafe. We've been here twice and both times we've enjoyed it. This time was a quick snack lunch as the car was on a meter but we visited following a trip to the Turner.

I had the Goats cheese and spinach tart and my husband had the burger. They were both perfectly nice, the burger would have been a bit over herbed for me but my husband enjoyed it, it isn't gourmet food it is a bistro style menu. The ambience and decor are kooky and nice and the young chap who has served us twice is great, really friendly engaging and helpful.

We visited on Easter Monday and it was exceptionally busy, but they dealt very well with the rush.

• Visited April 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We met a local friend there Saturday lunchtime. Liked the location, the interior and we had a warm welcome. I ordered the all day vegetarian breakfast, as I tend to think you can't go much wrong with a breakfast. Being a bit unsure about. 'Vegetarian' sausages in general , I asked for just one instead of two...thank goodness I did ..it was inedible. I got just one egg, a few beans that looked and tasted like they had been reheated a few times, some tasteless potatoes croquettes and an odd slice of toast come eggy bread?
Sorry this place has such potential.
My friend has the 'home made' fish cakes..she said she did not really notice the flavour and she had a strange smell about her afterwards...from the stale tartare sauce?

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“worst hamburger ever”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's the third time I've been to the cafe. First time we had the all day breakfast which was acceptable and the second just coffee, toast and hot chocolate. The service is excellent but oh dear, this Sunday, three of us had the burgers which were disgusting (sorry to use emotive language but that actually describes them). They must be the cheapest burger patties that you can buy - thin and tasted horrible. The buns they came in were also thin but would have been okay if the burgers had been better.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Bev B
“Stylish setting with naturally warm and attentive staff serving really good good at a great price.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

The relaxed atmosphere made us all feel instantly welcome. We were greeted warmly, even though we walked in without a reservation after 9:20pm and then were not made to feel rushed.
I had the most amazing burger! I highly recommend it, it was probably the best I've ever had.
I read a comment earlier about the owners not getting the shabby chic right. I suppose it's all down to personal taste but they're wrong!! I loved the exposed brick and vintage metal posters. It created a relaxed and stylish setting that wasn't at all pretentious.
This is my first dining experience in margate and I was very pleasantly surprised. Phew.

Jacksboro, Tennessee
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went for dinner here because the place we were headed was closed. We were very pleased with what we discovered. The service was very good and the burger was AMAZING! My partner had lamb and was very impressed with his meal as well. The menu was slightly expensive for the area but well the food was worth the cost. We will be back to eat there again.

• Visited January 2013