“Fab Family Fun”

Action Watersports
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Lydd
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The South East Premier Watersports Venue you can be assured of the best water, the best service and the best equipment. Flyboard, Waterski, Wakeboard or Jet Ski on a private freshwater lake. Chill on a Standup Paddle Board, or enjoy our hilarious Fun Rides. Join the open water swimmers on a Tuesday and Thursday evening. Largest Lakeside shop in the South East - best prices, great service Slalom course, tournament boats, Zero Off, Wakeboard tower and Wedge. YOU choose your activity - all ages of thrill seekers welcome. Our sheltered lake ensures a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, whatever the weather! Come along and enjoy these adrenaline-pumped sports!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed May 31, 2010

What a fab place it is. We have now been to Action Watersports twice in
conjunction with the Triathlon that is run from the lake - so while my husband is
happy off doing his Triathlon, the kids have been having lessons. My son trying out
the wakeboarding and the girls the waterskiing. They absolutely loved it and Simon
is a really great teacher. They also had a go on the Dolphin (like a big banana boat) and were whizzed round the lake which was terrific fun.

They would now like to go every weekend!

1  Thank K3B

Reviewed May 17, 2010

My family and I have been visiting Actionwater Sports since the kids were knee high to grasshoppers. We've all learnt to waterski, jetski and even had a try a bare-footing. Simon and his team of coaches is so patient. On the land side the booking system is easy whilst the shop is well stocked.
I have also used AWS for staff team and confidence building days. The staff love it and it helps them realise their potential.

1  Thank ianmantel
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Tucked away in the quiet village of Lydd is where you will find action watersports, but don't be deceived, once you arrive at the centre the fun quickly begins. You will be greeted by the enthusiastic staff , who's passion for the sport is quickly apparent. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned regular all your needs will be catered for.
I started going to the centre about 4 years ago now, as a complete beginner and have been hooked ever since. Whether I want to go and enjoy the water alone for some me time, or enjoy a BBQ in the sunshine with friends I am always welcome.
As my skill level has developed over the years the knowledgeable staff have always provided honest advice on what would suit me and their prices are exceptional. Having moved away to a different country the amazing atmosphere and facilities of the centre will be hard to match!!

1  Thank jess9002
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Have been going to Action Watersports for a few years now and every year they make improvements. The lake is nice and sheltered and the staff are very helpful with a real passion for the sports.
I love the way I can book in for a ski at a certain time so I can plan it around everything else.
The shop has a huge range and they always seem to be as cheap if not cheaper than the internet.
If you fancy trying waterskiing, wakeboarding or Jet Skier do visit Action Watersports

1  Thank BigJamie10
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Have been going there for a few years now, they have really helped with my water-skiing, moving me onto the next level. Simon is a great coach and he's brill with beginners and regulars alike. The jet skis are great fun, I hire one a couple of times a year and really enjoyed it but waterskiing is my real love. The lake is sheltered and water conditions are great. Have bought all my gear from the lakeside shop, they are very helpful and honest. On the negative you do need to book in advance but it works out well as the booking system allows you to book as far in the future as you like and you know exactly the time you are on the water.

1  Thank IzziUk