“Old Dog”

Action Watersports
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Lydd
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Watersports fun for everyone! Fly like a super hero above the lake on the FLYBOARD The Freedom of JET SKIING The Excitment of WATER-SKIING The Fun of WAKEBOARDING An Hilarious FUN RIDE YOU choose your activity - all ages of thrill seekers welcome. Our sheltered lake ensures a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, whatever the weather! Come along and enjoy these adrenaline-pumped sports!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Rye, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Old Dog”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've been coming for many years and have to say that Simon has improved his site beyond recognition! Facilities are good with a hot shower and private changing. It's well worth a journey, and the icing on the cake after a session of serious karting right next door! Very friendly atmosphere with very helpful advice. Simon is very enthusiastic as well as patient, which he has to be with my skiing! All very professional with good safety measures.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Alison H

London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“My home from home”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been coming down to Action Watersports for well over five years now, and even though I now live on the other side of London, it's always worth the travelling. You're assured of a warm welcome and tuition of the highest quality (I waterski, but wakeboarding, kneeboarding etc. are all available). AW is run utterly professionally and safely, and (unlike so many member-based clubs), newcomers rightly get as friendly and welcoming a service as old-timers who have been coming for years. You won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank nicksaalfeld
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Completely terrible, money grabbing business.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked a wakeboard experience day as a gift.
We booked up and made our way to Lydd. Unfortunately we got stuck in traffic, but after calling to inform them, we were encouraged to still come along.
However, when we arrived, they said we would not be able to go on the water and would not be able to rebook, so therefore also forfeited the £70 I had paid. The customer service was a disgrace and it was a thoroughly awful experience. We will discourage all from using this money grabbing business.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank Tobynic73
Dianne R, Owner at Action Watersports, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hi Tobynic
We are really sorry we didn't meet your expectations, we were hoping to juggle the diary, with other guests moving to accommodate your late arrival. This was not possible and I really couldn't ask these guests to forfeit their appointed water-ski or wakeboard lessons in order to offer you later slots.
We do appreciate how disappointing it is to be stuck in traffic, and wherever possible we would always try and help out.
Lydd, England
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great place to be”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

very friendly and profesional, great fun and good value. They realy look after you. all the gear you need was available and the shop was fully stocked with all the goodies and essentials. It was nice that there was a facility for cooking your own bar-b-que food as well at no charge.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TimCrom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Well worth the trip from London!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I've been planning to visit Action Watersports for about 3 years, and I've finally managed to do it a couple of weeks ago. As an avid jet-skier (I had my own one, years ago), my plan was to introduce the (then terrified) wife to the joys of jet-skiing. I booked three 20 minutes sessions over the phone, and off we went to Lydd.
On arrival, I was greeted by (lovely) Nina, who checked the details and introduced me to Simon, "the man"!
After a quick chat, wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet on, I was briefed (rules of the lake, flag system, etc.) and off we went to see the jets. They are four Yamaha WaveRunners from the two-stroke era, and they come in different flavours (engine sizes). Although the machines look outdated, trust me: they are more than enough for going around the lake! When I saw them I was a bit skeptical about their prowess, (as my last jet was a Sea Doo XP Limited, with roughly twice the power of the WaveRunners), but after a couple of runs I was back to the old addiction!
If you're used to the big 4-stroke beasts, the WaveRunners will shock you for their nimbleness and manoeuvrability! They accelerate quite decently, make a lot of noise, and spin like crazy! If you're new to jets, you'll think you're approaching supersonic speeds!
After going solo I took the wife for the first time, and she was hooked! Now we've been there for two straight weekends, and we're going back next Saturday!
In a nutshell: nice place, lovely staff (Callum, Simon's "first mate", is also very nice and a good laugh), and honest fun! If you're looking for no-frills adrenalin, look no further: these guys have 100% positive feedback!

3 Thank Marcos L