“Lovely Curry”

Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Excellent curry house and would certainly recommend.

As per some of the other comments the decor is a little on the dated side and the entrance is a bit hidden until you're outside but frankly I don't go to a curry house for the decoration.

Waiters are very polite and very pleasant. The food was really very nice and both the wife and I were impressed. Menu was pretty extensive with a good mix of balti's, house specialities, tandooris, cyelon, byriani, etc etc.

Also they had a beer I've not had before Bangla Beer which I would say is nicer than Kingfisher and Cobra (both of which they also have on draught).

There's a cracking deal on a Tuesday which I would certainly take advantage of if I lived locally. Also they are apparently bringing in a new highly rated chef in the next week or so (although I can't fault the current chef).

Lastly, and this is a new one on me they provided a couple of orange segments along with the hot towels at the end of the meal which was a top and healthy way to cleanse the palate and provide something sweet without the need for a desert (although you do get the usual chocs and mints with the bill).

Basically if you are in Hythe you should go there.

2  Thank Rowena J
There are newer reviews for Vinodhon Tandoori

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have been to this restaurant a handful of times now and never am I disappointed.

Admittedly, the decor is not the best and could do with a make-over, but none the less the restaurant is clean and charming.
When greeted, the staff are friendly and attentive and the service is always helpful and prompt. The menu is varied and the food quality is excellent! The Vinodhon has become my favourite in my area and I have tried them all!
My favourite thing about this restaurant is that the atmosphere and ambience is suitable for any occasion. I have been for family meals, dinner with friends and on dates and each time I was comfrotable and had a lovely time, where as with other restaurants I have often found it wasn't right for one or the other.

Brilliant food & great atmosphere, will not disappoint!

1  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We went to this place with mixed feelings after having read the mixed reviews of here.

As is usually the case, the truth was to be somewhere in the middle : the food was good, not excellent or bad; the service was fine if you are not in a hurry and why would you be on a "Tuesday, Banquet Night" : starter, main course and side dish for only £ 9,95 (we only found out when we walked in, so that was an added bonus)

It is true that the place is a bit gloomy without windows and the owner should have included a budget item for paint in this year's budget; but I've seen way worse in better places.

So, if you would like decent indian food in Hythe, this venue should be near or at the top of your list. For the best food in town, I'm sure you can find better somewhere nearby.

1  Thank Go3
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have eaten at the Vinodhon a couple of times and enjoyed both meals, when I visit Indian restaurants I purposely always order the exact same meal so as to be able to guage how good they are. This would be lamb dansak, pilau rice and a plain naan, this place is amongst the best I have had.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Having lived in Ashford for years, we became great customers and friends of Mr Rashid and his curry empire. He had the Little Raj in Ashford town centre, which we came to love, and a few other good restaurants too. We were sad to leave for Folkestone in 2008 but the thought of a Mr Rashid restaurant in nearby Hythe gladdened the heart. Sadly for us, Vinodhon is in our opinion not one of his best restaurants. It's quite small and tucked into a corner on Hythes main street. No windows inside and it has a very cramped feel. The food is not memorable: of the 1000s of Indian/Bangladeshi meals we've eaten over the years this place does not live long in the memory. Terrible shame.