This is the second time we have stayed at the hotel, the first time was 3 years ago and the hotel has had a bit of a makeover since then. We booked a one night stay which included a three course meal and a bottle of wine, breakfast and use of the hotels spa facilities all for £99, which provided great value.
On arrival we were greeted at reception by a very helpful and polite member of staff who gave us all the information we needed. Our room was on the 3rd floor and despite looking a little dated was clean and comfortable, I'm sure that it will be refurbished at some point.
We had our meal in the coast restaurant and I must say we both thought it was fantastic and the service was excellent throughout our meal. The bottle of wine that also came as part of the deal was also surprisingly good.
After the meal we went and had a drink in the bar which is where I have my only complaint as despite saying the bar is open till late, it actually shut at 11pm which is surprising for a friday night.
Breakfast was good and a large selection was on offer, the wife had the eggs benedict which is made to order and thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was a little slow but not enough to worry about and again the staff were very polite.
Overall our stay was excellent and I will keep my eyes open for any more offers like this one as it was great value for money! Will definitely be back and I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hythe Imperial is a four star Victorian seafront hotel with stunning views over the English Channel. It boasts 94 en-suite bedrooms, leisure club, spa facilities including ESPA treatments, indoor pool, 9 hole golf course, 4 function suites, 2 restaurants, 2 bars and is licensed for civil ceremonies. Wireless internet available throughout, 24 hour room service and free parking. **** Please note our hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment programme with the ground floor and level one now complete. Level 2 will be out of service between January 2016 and July 2016, Levels 3 and 4 will be refurbished between Summer 2016 and Summer 2017 **** Our hotel is located close to Dover Ferry Ports, Channel Tunnel, Ashford International and the Eurostar. Explore the Kent countryside and attractions such as Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway & Port Lympne Wild Animal Park. With the hotel currently being renovated, there is the possibility of minimal disturbances with respect to guest stays and the leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hythe Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel Hythe
- Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel And Spa
- Accor Hythe Imperial
- Imperial Hotel Hythe
- Hythe Imperial Kent