The Imperial has a commanding view of the sea and itself looks very impressive as you approach the hotels inclusive car park. As a historic building you expect a few compromises when it comes to modern comforts on the whole the hotel does well to balance old and new. As an older building they are able to offer some unusual but welcome room formats including the family suite we had, this included a separate twin room and a foldaway bed - though I have to add this was in a very poor state of repair with the corners in rags.
We were welcomed on arrival in an efficient manner and the staff were generally friendly apart from when my young son went down to collect some extra plastic cups for our room (they still only give you two even though there were four in the room) he got the cups but was upset by the attitude of the receptionist.
It was very cold outside during our visit so it was a surprise to us that our room had all the radiators turned off for our arrival this may be due to Mercures Planet 21 Eco commitments whatever the reason it's not particularly welcoming at this standard of hotel. Our toilet flush was not great and the TV system was a bit idiosyncratic and not really up to standard for a hotel of this quality rating.
The swimming pool is good and the water quality was frequently checked but again for a top rating they need to clean surface patches of mould and algae around the cold surfaces near windows etc.
In general Accor seem to put in a high standard of management in hotels of this type and I would recommend a visit. However they do need to keep an eye on detail especially minor maintenance - we got a good deal if we had paid top price my satisfaction would be far less. If you get a deal go for it, an impressive hotel in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hythe Imperial is a four star Victorian seafront hotel with stunning views over the English Channel. It boasts 94 en-suite bedrooms, leisure club, spa facilities including ESPA treatments, indoor pool, 9 hole golf course, 4 function suites, 2 restaurants, 2 bars and is licensed for civil ceremonies. Wireless internet available throughout, 24 hour room service and free parking. **** Please note our hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment programme with the ground floor and level one now complete. Level 2 will be out of service between January 2016 and July 2016, Levels 3 and 4 will be refurbished between Summer 2016 and Summer 2017 **** Our hotel is located close to Dover Ferry Ports, Channel Tunnel, Ashford International and the Eurostar. Explore the Kent countryside and attractions such as Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway & Port Lympne Wild Animal Park. With the hotel currently being renovated, there is the possibility of minimal disturbances with respect to guest stays and the leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hythe Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel Hythe
- Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel And Spa
- Accor Hythe Imperial
- Imperial Hotel Hythe
- Hythe Imperial Kent