“Good homemade food and excellent service”
Review of The Nutmeg Cafe

The Nutmeg Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Hythe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Visited on a busy Saturday lunch had to wait a few minutes for a table but it was worth waiting for. The homemade quiche and salad was delicious and the pot of tea for one was lovely, all served and presented well. Staff, service, menu choice and prices were very reasonable, I will certainly eat here again.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

A lovely little place that serves great food in a wonderful setting with polite staff that are very helpful

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great atmospher shame it small so it can be hard to get a table as it is so popular however there is an outside garden.

Home made cake is a must.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We choose this place to have coffee and cake due to the reviews on trip advisor and was glad we did. I had a latte and carrot cake and my fiancé had cream tea and both was fresh and yummy. We would definately choose this cafe again. We walked past about 4 other cafes and all of them had only 2 or 3 people in, however the nutmeg was packed and we managed to get the last table so we knew this place must be as good as the reviews. Definately worth a visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

As a resident of Hythe It was pointed out to me recently that The Nutmeg Cafe was the place to visit for Coffee/ Tea and/or a Bacon Sandwich.
I realised that I had never ventured through the door and therefore could not agree or disagree.
Tea and a Bacon sandwich was very special, in fact I went back for another visit.
Service was both excellent and friendly on both occassions.
Establishment was clean, tidy and well set out with differing styles of seating.I felt very comfortable eating here.
A great place to meet and entertain friends.

Been to The Nutmeg Cafe? Share your experiences!