“Stuck in Hythe”

The Globe Inn
Ranked #35 of 77 Restaurants in Hythe
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was at War and Peace and it was 2050 and everything was closed except the Globe. I walked in looking for food. Karen cooked a meal and two days later I was a regular. I cannot wait the 35 years to become a local. I do not generally go to pubs at all, once a year is a lot. The atmosphere is great, A few locals, low music in the background, perfect. There every night telling my little stories of things that happened to me.
Eggs for breakfast was great plus OJ to start the day.
Karen treated me like a long lost brother when I needed a hand and a great hostess. The Globe was for me the best part of Hythe

1  Thank Anthony I
There are newer reviews for The Globe Inn

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Go there quite often good pint and very good scotch eggs would recommend to everyone so pop down and see Karen the boss . and also has the best guinness in town.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited recently to sit down and eat some lunch instead of flying by for a diet coke between jobs and I was impressed. I had spinach and feta bites served with wedges in a sweet basket which was delicious, and a bountiful portion too! No pretention just good smiley service and yummy food. I think Hythe needs less snobbery and more places like the Globe.

1  Thank Kmcutts
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Six of us turned up at the Globe early on an October Monday evening, asking for food. The lovely woman at the bar produced six good piping hot meals on her own in the kitchen for us whilst also multi-tasking at the bar. And there is proper hand-pumped beer there too. Give it a look. You'll like it there.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Took my wife and 88 year old inlaws for lunch at the Globe Inn Hythe on Thursday and I was bitterly dissapointed, my wife chose chickes schnitzel which was badly overcooked I had ham eggs and chips (I think they used bantam eggs) and the eggs tasted of whatever was cooked previously and my father-in-law had what was called sausage hot pot, I think it was a sausage shepherds pie as I have never heard of mash on top of a hotpot all in all very bad so we wont go there again then to cap it all I was given a parking ticket for parking a wheels width outside the white box in a deserted car park that cost me £60 on top of the £57 pounds for the meal

2  Thank grizzlybear121