“Shocking”

The Swan Hotel
Cuisines: Asian, British, Nepali
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Seating
Description: The swan hotel hythe has recently been refurbished with an En suite Accommodation, Servrd Nepalese, Indian and English food,we do take away and free home delivery, It has a friendly bar with sky sports, pool table and jue- box music. Car park facilities with free internet.
folkstone kent
“Shocking”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I have recently moved to hythe and have sampled many of the restaurants and pubs in the area and most are fantastic however I have been using the swan as it is the only place with a pool table . I invited my brother and his partner along with my partner and we ordered a round of drinks and the tab came to 32 pound all where flat from a bottle of cola from fridge when we complained he said just leave then Disgrace !!!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Paul D

Kent
“Nice meal well presented, good service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went for a meal with the family. Nice location very pleasant atmosphere. The meal was very nice good value for money. Staff very friendly and the meals well presented and delicious I would recommend highly. Will definitely be back.

1 Thank Linda S
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Disgusting food and even worse service!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

DO NOT GO IN THERE!!!!!
i was out with my mum in hythe and we fancied some lunch, passed the sign for the swan advertising its food menu, on the menu board it also boasted "fresh food", get to that point later. we sat down, average service, waiter looking like he doesn't want to be there, i order a chicken biriani, my mum orders the fish and chips, the food comes out and the fish and chips looks like something scraped out of the innards of a radiator!!!! chips looked inedible, on the menu it claimed it came with salad, their idea of salad is some manky bits of lettuce and a slice of tomato and some peas. when the waiter asks how the meal is going my mum who was barely touched her fish explains it i inedible and that the board outside advertises fresh food, and that the fish was clearly from frozen, the waiter agrees saying yes its cooked from frozen, my mum makes it clear she cant eat it as its horrid, he doesn't say much not really giving a toss!!! when we ask for the bill the fish and chips is still on there which i felt was an absolute insult, we try to talk to the waiter and say my mum didn't even eat the fish and just ate the peas, chips and "salad" why should we pay for a disappointing meal she hasn't even eaten the main part, he agree to take off some of the price but still charge my mum for some scabby chips, peas and manky bits of lettuce and a SLICE of tomato. I cant believe the swan think they can advertise manky lettuce and a slice of tomato as a salad, UNBELIEVABLE!!!! My mum had to go home and make her own dinner after paying for a disgusting inedible dinner in the swan. My mum has written to the owners about this incident and got no response! charming! WILL NEVER GO IN THERE AGAIN!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank danielleBEAM
Hythe, United Kingdom
“AVERAGE GHERKA FOOD”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The trouble with this place is it needs a a good marketing strategity to get the customers through the door. They do have a wide ramge of foods, and caters for families as well.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Valerie R
Kent
“Good food at reasonable price”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Good food good service very polite staff and welcoming well worth a visit.

• Visited December 2011