“A warm welcome on a rainy day........”
Review of Le Petit Poisson

Le Petit Poisson
Ranked #31 of 137 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on Herne Bay seafront overlooking the harbour and next to the pier, we specialise in seafood, but also have meat and vegetarian dishes available. All our dishes are cooked to order using fresh locally sourced seasonal ingredients and our menu evolves with the seasons, (it's available to view on our web site). Fully licensed; with a good selection of international and local, wines and beers. Our talented and friendly chefs are happy to cater for special dietary requirements given sufficient notice.
Kent, England
“A warm welcome on a rainy day........”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had booked lunch here as we were attending the open air concert band performance in Herne Bay. It was the wettest Sunday in history . We arrived 10 minutes before opening time , and were welcomed in out of the deluge. It was not long before we were enjoying moules marinier , sea bream and Kentish fish stew and oysters. A thouroughly enjoyable experience in a tastefuly refurbished surrounding. My only comment would be that I prefer my oysters seved cold on a bed of ice as opposed to room temperature. Very attentive staff with the bonus of being easier on the pocket than similar establishments in Whitstable.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“If you want fast food don't come here!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Table booked for 1.30pm for Dad's 87th birthday. Arrived promptly and waited 10 minutes for order - we were not informed that there would be a delay. Fish soup and Dover Sole were sold out which disappointed Dad, so not a good start. These are not specials, so I would expect them to be on the menu.

We received our drinks, but by 2.10 there was no sign of starters. Waiter said only 2 chefs working, with a lot of orders, but we would be next. Only 1 waiter and 1 waitress serving so they were severely understaffed. It was very hot (no air con) and dad was getting agitated by the delay.

At 2.20 waiter came over and apologised and offered us some free drinks. At 2.25 still no food so we decided to leave without eating. Waiter said I was stealing, as I refused to pay for our drinks. He had previously offered free drinks which we didn't take up, so I felt they could pay for the ones we already had.

Owner later phoned me and called me a thief and would prosecute via the Police. No apology for the delay and when I asked if he thought that such a long wait was acceptable, he said that if I wanted fast food I should go to a Harvester. I can't tell you what the food is like as I didn't get that far, but this restaurant needs to look at it's level of staffing as they clearly couldn't cope today.

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“A real discovery”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were just blown away by the food, the fish soup and moules mariner in particular. Although the waiting staff were young they were faultless, being knowledgeable and attentive without being overbearing

Good choice of wine and beer is on offer

No background music is a real bonus and along with the simple furnishing this made for a comfortable ambience

One tiny criticism take care when getting up from the table as the footprint of the tables is on the small side which made them likely to topple over

Rochester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great food and service
I really think it's hard to find good restaurants serving good quality, freshly prepared food
Do not worry, this restaurant is a real gem
Lovely ambience. Without being pretentious. Full credit to all of the staff
My scallops were fabulous and not overlooked. Sea bream for my main was equally delicious
My 4 year daughter loved her food and was especially grateful for her complimentary ice cream
We'll definitely be back soon as this is now one of my favourite restaurants

London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous seafood with great view”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Lovely dinner, good wine choice and gorgeous views. Also allowed us to bring dolly our dog with us and gave her a bowl of water. Food was delicious, scallops, smoked salmon, cod and mussels with perfect Eton Mess for pud - couldn't ask for more!

1 Thank Allisam50