“Very tasty food”

Ranked #30 of 137 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on Herne Bay seafront overlooking the harbour and next to the pier, we specialise in seafood, but also have meat and vegetarian dishes available. All our dishes are cooked to order using fresh locally sourced seasonal ingredients and our menu evolves with the seasons, (it's available to view on our web site). Fully licensed; with a good selection of international and local, wines and beers. Our talented and friendly chefs are happy to cater for special dietary requirements given sufficient notice.
Maidstone Kent
“Very tasty food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

A great restaurant, warm welcome and not pretentious. Good wine, great tasting food. I would recommend this restaurant without reservation.

London
“First visit but not the last”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our first visit left us wanting to visit again soon! We were very pleased to get there early (12 ish) as the restaurant filled up very quickly indeed(it was a nice sunny Sunday)
The oysters both natural and battered were delicious, the dover sole and cod main also very good. Really enjoyed the crumble/brulee combination.
Service was very friendly and efficient.

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Fantastic but also expensive”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a fab meal in the seafood restaurant. It was very expensive £100 for two, but as a one off special treat, we loved it.

• Visited February 2014
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Excellent Evening”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Five of us spent a very enjoyable evening yesterday at Le Petit Poisson. All the different choices we made were good but special mention has to be made for the fish soup (and the bits that came with it) and the treacle tart and crème anglais. I think the crème brulee and rhubarb crumble also hit the right note with the person who ordered it - I think the comment was "two desserts in one!". Thank you.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Overpriced but good for gluten-free”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had 2 courses - a starter and a main meal and a carafe of wine. I booked a table at Le Petit Poisson as I thought it would be somewhere special to take my mum and sister, visiting me from the West Midlands. First impressions were that the restaurant looked a bit austere - no table clothes, no flowers on the table and no wine glasses on the table. The chairs also looked very basic, like what you'd find in a cafe. I was also quite shocked to find toilets which were more akin to public lavatories than those in a good restaurant.

The chef seemed to be knowledgeable about Coeliac's (gluten free), which was a relief. However, the lobster bisque sauce was changed to a curry-style sauce in order to be made gluten-free. I chose the cod as I fancied the idea of the lobster bisque sauce, therefore it was quite disappointing to find that this was no longer part of the dish! Prior warning would have been appreciated.

Portions were small, which is to be expected at an up-market restaurant. However, I left feeling a little less than full (wouldn't suit people with a big appetite!)

Overall, the food was tasty but given the ambience and lack of attention to detail, e.g. explaining the new sauce of the cod dish, I don't rate it highly.

• Visited February 2014