“A taste of Napoli in Herne Bay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A Casa Mia

A Casa Mia
Reserve with OpenTable
A Casa Mia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 136 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Pizza, Mediterranean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Family run restaurant, authentic Italian food and wood fired pizza, daily specials also available. First UK approved pizzeria by Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana ( True Neapolitan Pizza Association )
Herne Bay, England, United Kingdom
“A taste of Napoli in Herne Bay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had a wonderful evening here with friends and family. The food was excellent, wine delicious and staff efficient and helpful. We will be going back!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Tracy L

London, United Kingdom
“Great service, great idea, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

An Italian restaurant in Herne Bay is exactly what the town needs, so I was excited about visiting especially after hearing so many great things. Came in for a weekday lunch with my family and the restaurant was laid out very nicely, service was very friendly.

Sadly we all found the menu to be a bit lacking. For the pizzas I wasn't expecting take-away style American toppings but I was expecting a little more excitement, more variety, something a bit different. Nothing really grabbed me. Same as the pasta choices. I don't want to go to the chain Italians but I'm afraid their food just had a bit more of an excitement factor. I know it must be difficult to be adventurous with flavour when it's just little old Herne Bay but I was hoping for a bit more. Nevertheless pizza tasted fine, a little soggy from the tomato base in the middle but it filled a hole at lunchtime.

Dessert was nice although I think we were all a little disappointed they'd all come straight from the freezer. Even if there are only two choices of dessert, it's a bit more appealing than something bulk bought.

Despite my disappointment I really hope it's a success, I wish the business well. We need good restaurants in Herne Bay.

Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Shame”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Enjoyed the food on our last visit ,but not the service, so we went back to give them a second chance.I am sorry to say it was worse!
For a start the Pizza oven was not fired up ,it was 1 pm lunchtime,so all pizza;s were off the menu.The wait for our starter was almost an hour ,the main was quicker,but the food was not as good as our first visit.
Such a shame as this has the potential to be a really good restaurant,but at the moment is falling very short of that

1 Thank eric h
LONDON
“a slice of pizza heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We spent a lovely afternoon in the cosy downstairs at A Casa Mia, the pizza oven really warmed us & the restaurant up on a stormy Sunday! The service was lovely & friendly and we can't speak highly enough about the fantastic food, some highlights included the fried dough balls (they were well seasoned & light), warm marinated green & black olives, the meatballs in tomato sauce and the most delicious & authentic marghertia pizza we've ever tasted outside of Naples, not to mention the outstanding seafood spaghetti and to top it all off the ferraro roche & lemon desserts... now we just sound like absolute gluttons, but with great food at such a reasonable price we will be regular visitors here!

1 Thank MING-A-LICIOUS
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

So happy to finally see this business up and running! What a great asset to Herne bay :-) having previously popping in for a takeaway pizza we had to go back, the pizzas were gorgeous! We sat down stairs and enjoyed watching the world go by on a Friday early evening whilst enjoying our food which isn't easy when you have a young child. That was easily overcome that meal time by her happily sitting watching the pizza chef making all the pizza's! Extra points there for the entertainment, the meal was enjoyed by us all, including our 3 year old who loves the spaghetti bolognese. The service we received was lovely and I cannot recommend this place enough. Most defiantly will be becoming our regular treat :-)