“A Brilliant Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maharaja

Maharaja
Ranked #22 of 136 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A Brilliant Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visited recently and was very impressed with the decor and ambience. For my starter I had king prawns covered in chilli sauce, they where lovely cooked to perfection. For my main I had chicken korma, it was again wonderful. The staff where very helpful and really kind, i would give it 5/5 because it was just PERFECT. Can't wait to go back soon :)

• Visited November 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem in the bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Had the most fabulous evening last night at this newly opened restaurant.
I would recommend the maharaja to any one.
It's not your normal curry house it's way above.
Do try this restaurant as you won't be disappointed
Well done!!!!!

1 Thank Amandashayfer
“Wonderful Curry in Herne Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Recently visited on a week night with my father and children. Everyone really enjoyed the food and excellent service offered. The food presentation was a class above your normal curry house. Will be dining there again.

“Excellent food & service- highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I was given a recommendation to come here and I have to say, we were not disappointed. Firstly the restaurant has been furnished to a very high standard. It's also nice to see that the tables have been spaced out when clearly more could have been squeezed in, as is the case in many Indian restaurants.
The food is the best I have eaten outside of India. The menu is noticeably different to the norm and the variance of the dishes is a major plus point. The dishes were all quality and full of taste. The wines we had were also very good and great value.
The service was extremely good from the moment we walked in and the owner spoke with us on a few occasions. The staff were keen to recommend dishes and were quick and efficient and in good humour. The atmosphere was extremely good in the restaurant all night.
For the food on offer the value was superb, I was pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived.
This is by far the best indian I have been to for a while and we will definitely return - highly recommended

Kent, England
“Happy New Year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We paid our first visit to this new Indian at the old Bandstand last night (New Years Eve). We were just collecting a take away but the staff were gearing up for a busy night ahead. We always order our curies from The Shad but someone recommended we try here. We were not disappointed. Despite all being busy preparing for the busy night ahead all the staff were attentive and polite. When we left the man who looked to be in charge (may have been the owner) shook our hands & wished us a Happy New Year. Little touches like that DO matter. As for the food..... Without a doubt the best curry we have had to date. We will definitely rerun, probably for the Sunday buffet. What a good idea that sounds, to be able to try different dishes that you wouldn't risk trying if you were ordering as your main meal.