“Quantity good, quality poor.”

Fresh Fish & Chips Cafe & Restaurant
Description: This is an eat-in fish & chips restaurant
Description: This is an eat-in fish & chips restaurant
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Quantity good, quality poor.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went out for the day to Herne Bay. We found this takeaway/cafe on the seafront, near the pier. There was parking nearby and we thought we would eat our fish and chips as we looked out to sea. This establishment was not busy, we were the only customers there apart from friends/relatives of the manageress. We order our meal and waited for it to be cooked. While it was frying, the manageress sat down with her mates and chatted to them. When our takeaway arrived, the chips, and the batter on the fish, were overcooked. We had ordered the large size, the fish was big and there were plenty of chips. A shame the manageress didn't keep an eye on the cooking instead of talking.

Whitstable, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Me, my partner and my nephew went to this 'restaurant' on our day out to Herne bay, The service was terrible and the food was even worse I believe we got discriminated for our sexuality as we got burnt food and yet other customers got perfect food, we also got laughed at and also had 'out of date' drinks.

• Visited February 2014