“weekend away”
Review of Victoria Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Herne Bay
Victoria Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Herne Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2012

weekend away with friends. we stayed in the annexe the room at the to of the stairs. our view was someones back yard .the breakfast was ok but we had to walk through the kitchen to get to the dinning area. the towels that were provided with were not big enough to go round you.would have to think about going again.this was our fist visi ti herne bay.

Room Tip: stay in main part not the annexe
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tina W

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here in June 2011 with a friend for my birthday and enjoyed it very much. We stayed in the annexe on the top floor, room was a bit on the small side but I knew that by looking at the photos before we booked it & we had a problem with the shower which was leaking over the floor but was fixed very quickly Owners are very friendly and catered for our every needs especially when it came to breakfast as I am fussy about what I eat.... I took my sister and 2 nieces back here in August 2011 for a few days and booked a family room this time, cannot list one fault with room or service again. Pool wasn't being used but owner said we could use it anytime we wanted. Can highly recommend this B&B as it is good value for money, friendly and right on the seafront... So much so that I have just booked to stay again in a couple of weeks time with my sister & nieces.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annexe are quieter but in all fairness the noise from the roads in the main house didn...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lol1967
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed in annexe. Disappointing standard. Residue of previous occupants in shower, expected to use half-used shower creme. Wardrobe was piece of tube (approx. 15" long) attached to wall and piece of wood, no door. Windows were stuck and blinds broken. Walk through kitchen to breakast which was mediocre. Room needed thorough clean. Nowhere to sit except bed which was uncomfortable. Would not return.

Room Tip: Rooms in annexe well below standard.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hazel H
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Booked for a 2 night stay but only stayed for 1. Lovely sized room with big T.V..! Bathroom also a good size too. Breakfast was exactly what I asked for. Needed to pay attention to small details though, such as clear instructions in the room of how to access internet, and where switch was for bathroom, and no sign of a hairdryer :-( Other than these few minor points the owners were friendly and helpful and waking up to a seaview was most delightful.
Many thanks Alan for your hospitality & great scrambled egg.......!!
H & Faye B.

Room Tip: Be aware that staying in a hotel with direct seaviews and on the sea-front expect late night noise d...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed for 1 night in a massive bed and a lovely clean room. It had everything that I required including a free standing bath, seperate shower and a lovely bay window looking over the sea and a swimming pool which you can book for sole use. The booking was very easy and hassle free and Alan, Julie, Clare and Grace were extremely friendly and very helpful at all times. I would recommend to all.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the queen size bed!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed December 18, 2011

It was lovely to wake up, sit up in bed (and a very big bed) and see the sea. Seafront location makes this very appealing and we took the big room (2 I think) on the first floor. Bathroom nice and spacious with a roll top bath, although we found that the only hot water available was that running through the separate electric shower. Dogs very welcome. Good price quality, although the 45 minute wait for breakfast was torture.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I must say that the reason I booked this hotel was that Alan was very pleasant on the phone when I phoned to ask if they had availability even though I didn't make the booking there and then. Stayed for 2 nights in Room 7 which is in the back Annex (a house behind the hotel), in quiet road. On our arrival, they had left the radiator on in the room so it was nice and warm. Alan and Julie were very friendly and made a big effort to make us at home. The breakfast was lovely, real bacon ! and cooked to perfection.

We used the heated swimming pool on both days and were only charged £5 per hour and had the pool all to ourselves. It was not very big but just right for us as I could quite easily keep the girls under control on my own. There was a shower and a toilet available next to the pool, and a changing room, which was lovely and warm as they left the radiator on for us. They also supplied floats for the children.

I thought the price of the hotel was very reasonable and would definately stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family