“A child's idea of heaven”
Review of Activity Box

Activity Box
More attraction details
Owner description: A glass fronted light and airy building which has been described as being a haven to relax in , the art work on the walls inside are inspiring and also for sale too.The studio itself is clean and well presented with plenty of equipment/utensils to help with those creative masterpieces large and small. Offering a range of indoor craft activities from pottery painting,deco-patch,clay and silk foam and candle painting .The studio can host a party whether its birthday,retirement , hen or baby shower.We also run story time sessions ,after school clubs and in the holidays we run the occasional workshop too.
kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A child's idea of heaven”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Helen Di-Spirito & Ellie Chapman

Love it, just love it.

I had my grandchild for two weeks, and by the second week I had exhusted ideas for things to do when I noticed the Activity Box. Lots of reasonably priced items were displayed over the shop, from plates, piggy banks, cars, vases, teddies, penguins (my favourite), for a child to paint. My granddaughter was over the moon with the plaque she had made with her hand print on it, it was then glazed and put in the kiln. The result was a memory kept by her mother for years to come. I also liked the fact that items chosen to paint had the price clearly marked on them and that was the price to be paid whether it took 1 hour or 1 week to complete.

I aslo noticed that there were really young children, as well as teenagers and a few ladies who were tracing designs on plates. It really is an activity for people of all ages. Everyone was guided and looked after by the owner Abi and her daughter Beth. You felt welcomed and relaxed. I will be definitely going again, as I just have to have a go at the penguins.

Would highly recommend to anyone of any age.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank helen195

Herne Bay, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for birthday parties”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had my daughters 6th birthday party at Activity Box.The children all had fun painting their pottery.The staff were really helpfully and the food was very good too. Would recommend to any one.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Anita D
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thoroughly recommended for all ages!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I first went to the Activity Box for an evening of pottery painting. It felt like real time out for me, being a little bit creative in such a relaxing and friendly atmosphere. I have been back regularly ever since to paint pottery for myself, and for gifts. My daughter is also now a fan, and for less than the price of entry to an indoor play area you can spend an hour or more being creative with something to keep forever. The choice is fantastic from a very cheap £4 and upwards, all in for the pottery, studio time, paints and firing. The owners are lovely - as are the other customers. The atmosphere is always welcoming. They offer a wide range of activities such as parties, and after school events, and can even bring the activity to you! All in all - Go!

Visited December 2012
“Warm, welcoming,relaxing”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have visited the activity box several time both in my free time and with one of my clients, every time myself and my client have received a warm friendly welcome and have so much fun both abbi and barb are welcoming and really helpful with idea ect, there are many diffrent things to do.:-). We love the activity box

Kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“FAB AND FUN!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Activity Box is an excellent place come rain or shine. i have visited on many occasions with my daughter and she always has a great time.
We originally visited to check it out and do a little painting, but have been drawn back many times to make gifts for family and is always her first choice when deciding what to do on weekends!. My daughter had her birthday party there and then joined the after school club, which was great. The after school club is great, she gets to take part in different creative projects each week and meeting up with familiar faces is a bonus (us mums get to enjoy a cup of tea and a good gossip too!!)
So no more sitting at home, with your children complaining they are boorrrreeedddd!!!! get them down to the Activity Box and get their creative heads on and when they are at school and you have time on your hands, get yourself down there too, its not only for the kids - you might surprise yourself to how relaxing and fun it is!
Well done Activity Box - a delightful addition to Herne Bay Town x