“ripped off for £23 for 2 poor, cheap breakfasts”

Makcari's Coffee Lounge & Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 140 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Established at this very location in 1931 this business has become a landmark in Herne Bay. Still today making the ice cream on the premises using the same 1931 recipe out ice cream has earned national recognition! Serving of our fine roasted coffee and fine teas with a lengthy menu spanning breakfast, lunch and dinner this is the location of choice for hundreds of visitors each week.We take great pride in the quality of our food a majority of which is home made and in particular our great fish and chips which was only set up 3 years previous. We cater for customers looking to eat in or our and following our recent refurbishment you will always feel comfortable where ever you choose to enjoy your food or beverage.We look forward to welcoming you and your dog (yes we are allowed dogs inside).
Reviewed April 6, 2014

cheap beans, tasteless sausages, hard fried eggs, £4 for a milkshake and £2.75 for a coffee, not my idea of a quality breakfast, no sauces on the tables, self service was the order of the day even had sachets of sugar, very angry and dissapointed to say the least, if it wasnt for the elderly people i would have gone mad at them

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We went to this restaurant as it's on the seafront. My husband had a coffee while I had a hazelnut milk shake. The coffee was milky, my husband said a "normal" one, rather than milky. My milk shake was terrible. Not only did it lack taste completely (like drinking milk with no flavour) it was very expensive!

The lady who served us was really nice, and to be fair, I didn't complain, but I won't be going back. Very disappointed.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stopped for a light lunch today and ate a very well made, tasty BLT Panini. The food was freshly made and presented, the staff were very friendly and helpful despite the fact that they were very busy. It was a welcome break sitting in the sunshine in the central Bandstand.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

-had food from there before and it was good.....place was clean.
-returned today and sausages were inedible.....I wasn't expecting gourmet, but they were revolting...when I suggested that they should change suppliers the waitress said "aww...were they no good" she spoke to me like I was a child and the naughty sausages had been horrible to me....she didn't seem too concerned however, maybe as they had already received payment.
- The tomato ketchup gave my son a rash were he had got it around his mouth.....how cheap must it be to give people a rash for crying out loud.....

Like so many eateries, profit before pride.
Absolutely disgusting...

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We came here as part of my dad's birthday celebrations and it was busy, which was a good sign. It was not cheap either (£30 for 3 people). There was a bit of a wait for the food and at one point we were wondering if they were going out to catch our food.
When it turned up, the portions were huge but to be honest, they were not the best fish and chips we have had, especially at the seafront. It was not awful, but it was just average, especially for the price.