“A nice little cafe”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have eaten in this cafe plenty and have never been disappointed. The service is fast, the portions just right and the food tasty. The place is always clean and the new bathroom is a big improvement. We will continue to use this place in the future.

5  Thank Annie C

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Correctly described as a diner, on a key position in the town centre. Can fill up, but was fairly quiet on my visit, with two people waiting. Neither smiled or chatted to me, but one exchanged a look when a rather eccentric customer came in waving a balloon. My order of a 7 Up, shepherds pie and vegetables followed by an apple pie and ice cream were soon served. The hot dish was acceptable rather than memorable and well supplied with gravy, so did not need the condiments offered. I hate brussel sprouts, but they made my plate beside the cauliflower and carrots. Photos show typical fare, which is basically English although the staff may be Turkish. Some outside tables and padded seating inside. Not a lot of atmosphere, just workmanlike. I usually walk up to the well favoured Mortimers but wanted a change, and was well filled.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The food is good with great selection on hot drinks, I love their different styles of hot chocolates. Every time I've been there it's always been busy but plenty of tables and seats.

1  Thank -charrild-
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Visited here expecting to be served fresh fish and chips as we were on the coast. We ordered three haddock and chips and were served with what appeared to be frozen pollack in breadcrumbs. The fish was not white and fresh and was very difficult to cut. I do not buy frozen fish at the supermarket and to be served this in a 'so called' cafe was a huge disappointment.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The food wasn't bad but the staff were all grumpy. I say all, the lady on the till was very pleasant. The person that took my order was not very happy at all.
The place slowly filled with Vicky Pollard clones (Little Britain) and as LB was filmed in Herne Bay amongst other locations, I wondered if that was where the idea for her character had been born.
The food was alright but I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank lel1978