“Great Indian Restaurant”

Gandhi Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 137 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Long-established restaurant, no reviews so far though.
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Great Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been to the Ghandi several times. The staff are very polite and helpful. The food is brilliant and good value. In my opinion, I would say this is the best Indian restaurant in Herne Bay. I would suggest you reserve at table for a Friday or Saturday because they get booked up. The restaurant is definately worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013

Herne Bay, England, United Kingdom
“lovely indian”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Have been here a few times with friends , always get excellent service and delicious food in a warm and friendly atmosphere

• Visited May 2013
Herne bay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best eat in Indian restaurant in herne bay”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We have been using this restaurant for over 25 years and it has remained superb. The staff are lovely and welcoming, the food is ALWAYS good, it's a proper old fashioned Indian with a warm welcome. Try their tandoori king prawns fab.

• Visited April 2013
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Food excellent - service not so hot”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I visited the Ghandi a few months ago. It is exactly the sort of Indian restaurant that I like. Traditional, with great food. My chicken Vindaloo was just right, and my wife's Dansak was really good too. The service, however, wasn't so hot. Our order took rather a long time to be taken, probably in the hope that we would buy more drinks, and after it was, it took ages to arrive. It was worth waiting for, though. The place was full, so this must be a mark of their quality. We didn't book, and we were told that we were lucky to get a table. Maybe the service was just a glitch. They do seem very popular.

• Visited September 2012
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“super Indian”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

the Ghandhi is the best indian resturant around. always excellent service and friendly and helpful. Its a small old fashioned indian complete with flock wallpaper and music, but exacatly what we want with our delicious meals. You must book especially weekends as we have just turned up and had to leave on occasions as so full. Not sure why I'm telling you all this as I'm local and I want to be able to get in there when ever it suits me!!! Best place to eat ever always my 1st choice.

• Visited March 2013