“Tasty food, fantastic management, great staff”
Review of Shad Restaurant

Shad Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 137 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, fantastic management, great staff”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Visited here again yesterday night and wasnt dissapointed. Have been visiting the shad for a year or so now and never have any problems with my food if anything I think its the best indian in the area. Has a really calm atmosphere inside and has recently been revamped outside so looks up to date and welcoming. The staff are always very accomodating and have on numerous occasions changed a dish to suit me. The manager was also in when we visited and made us feel welcome and comfortable making sure we had a high standard of service. This restaurant never fails to deliver and me and my partner will carry on coming to the shad as long as we can.

2 Thank hannah s

“We've found the best Indian restaurant in kent!!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wow.. So we pick a rainy Monday to go find a new place and we stumbled across our new favourite place! The layout inside is gorgeous.. Perfect mood lighting and good current tasteful music.. The service was spot on and the food was amazing! Defo recommend the sheek kebab for a starter :) best We've ever had.. We got the chance to have a good chat with the manager and he made our night.. Top fella. If we could go again tonight we would. The prices are really good! We found it to be take away prices with the dinning in experience so our date nights will be over there from now on! See u soon

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jasmine I
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Meal for 6”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Visited the Shad on 17th January. There were six of us and we all agreed that the service and food was excellent. We had a variety of dishes and everybody said their meal was perfect. Decor is great and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. Fish dishes were really special. Will definitely be visiting again very soon. Well priced and very good value. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to people.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lynn M
Herne Bay, England, United Kingdom
“Valentines”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal here. The food was very good, very varied menu. Staff were friendly and the food/drink not expensive. If you like curry, you'll love this. Try the salmon jalfrezi, it's fab!!! Will be back.

1 Thank Tracy C
Canterbury, England
“Good but service could be better at times”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I live in Herne Bay and I have eaten here four times. Three of these times have been excellent - the food is good and the atmosphere is pleasant - but the last time I went here the service was appauling and it wasn't even overly busy! It seems to have gone downhill :( We were left waiting ages to be asked what drink we wanted, then the drinks didn't arrive for ages and we had to chase them up and then our drinks order had to re-taken 2 times by different staff members before the drinks actually arrived! The food then took ages to arrive....! No apologies were given!! Anyway, so an unpleasant experience all in all this time round and it has put me off returning :( I have since been going to the Maharaja where the service is very attentive and polite. Go to the Maharaja if you want a nice evening out!

• Visited June 2013