“I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough!”
Review of Shad Restaurant

Shad Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 137 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner are locals and have eaten at many Indian restaurants across East Kent and I have to say this is the best we have found! We visited for my partner's birthday on the basis of the positive trip advisor reviews and have to say that their excellent reputation is very well deserved. The food is out of this world... Particular highlights are the lovely selection of sauces that accompany the poppadoms, the jalfrezi and massala were absolutely delicious ( and highly recommended!) and the sag aloo was the best I'd ever tasted, not drenched in oil as is often the case. The service was just fabulous, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Our waiter even took time to answer our questions about the history of the building and make recommendations about dishes. He clearly had passion for the food too! We will definitely be going back... This really is an excellent restaurant and incredibly good value for money. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

1 Thank jodie8888

“Excellent dining for one”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

As a man who has spent six decades on this planet, travelled to over fifty different destinations across the globe; not to mention tasted a multitude of worldly delights.. The shad is by far one of the most authentic tasting Indian restaurants I've had the pleasure of enjoying in my lifetime. With regards to my age and the unfortunate loss of my wife, you'll understand that dining out comfortably for me is a hard task. As soon as I open the door to the shad I am greeted by the friendly face of my good friend and restaurant manager Raj. Once seated I become enamoured by the sheer amount of choice on the menu, it's as if every time I look at the page, a new meal appears and my mouth waters with the thought of such excitingingly spiced curries. I never feel ashamed or insecure when dining alone at the shad, the comfortable environment relaxes me and the food leaves me completely sated. I would recommend the shad for any and all occasions, a top restaurant with all the makings of an Indian five star.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food And a great resturant”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Me and my husband, whom
Is a fussy one was looking for a restaurant and came arose the shad. First reaction is a friendly and a very inviting atmosphere as Soon as I walked into the restaurant I was greeted with a warm welcome and served drinks within an instant. My husband and I are not to keen on Indian and having a fussy husband he was reluctant to eat after ordering and having our food arrive in under 15 minutes me and my husband couldn't stop eating. The food was magnificent, my husband fell in love not just with the food but also the friendly staff that served us. When I come back to Herne bay I will be coming straight back to the shad. I recommend anyone even with families to come here. Great food great atmosphere.

“Not to be missed”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

what an absolutely amazing experience from the start to finish. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a great indian restaurant in Herne Bay.

“Great mouth watering food.”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been using this restaurant for several years now. Always have great service. Regularly have take away food and never disappointed. The lamb is good quality and never had inedible fatty, gristly chunks of meat. Nicely spiced and tasty food!!

1 Thank HerneBayAsh