“Table Table's Paul Pry food gone seriously awful”

Herne Bay Table Table
Ranked #47 of 142 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Using seasonal ingredients, Table Table - Herne Bay boasts a menu of traditional pub dishes. Varied sharing platters are served alongside tempting nibbles and British favourites. Hearty breakfasts are also available for early risers, while sensational desserts bring something sweet to the Table Table menu. Enjoy a glass of flavoursome wine or refreshing beer from the bar, or indulge in a classic cocktail in the snug and inviting pub restaurant.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We regularly eat at this restaurant mainly because the mother-in-law likes the fish and chips and, to be fair, my wife and I have usually been able to find a vegetarian option we could get along with - sadly not anymore. The headlong rush to cut costs to enable profits to continue has put this latest menu change off limits for us. Today was our 3rd visit under the new food regime and, apart from the aforementioned fish and chips for MIL, it was dire.

Having been made unwell, the pair of us, by the unappealing new lasagne on the first try with a "never again" we tried the linguine on the second occasion - just not good. On today's third attempt I decided to try the linguine once more and it was unbelievably bad - lengths of pasta and lumps of disgusting looking vegetables in a watery, tastless broth. Ugh. My wife couldn't take anymore of their main courses - she has a intolerance to Quorn and dislikes mushrooms - so all that was left was jacket potatoes. When the jacket arrived it was small, not warm with a lump of butter sitting on it refusing to melt - it looked to all intents and purposes as though it had been prepared the day before.

My wife and I used to choose to eat here regularly until a few years ago but in recent times we have reluctantly been regular returnees for the mother-in-law's sake. Sadly no more. Vegetarians are being well and truly shafted now, so that is that.

I know it's stupid to be polite and say the food was fine when asked but the truth is wasn't and that's the truth of the matter.

1  Thank Dfw12345

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times before and always found it to be a pleasant experience and resonably priced (see my previous review). But, oh dear, what is going on?

We were there at 8.00 on Saturday night. The place did not appear to be busy which was quite a relief but thinking back, maybe a bad omen.

The lady who welcomed us and took us to our table was very pleasant, the barman was also very nice. The waitress ignored us for about 15 minutes before taking our orders. Another 15 minutes before the starters came out. We ordered the three breads and calamari, all nice. It then took another half an hour at least until the main courses came and then only because I asked where they were. We had ordered two burgers, a fish and chips and goujons and ribs and chips.

The fish was fine and so were the ribs. The goujons were disgusting, cold and soggy as were the fries with the burger. My husband was unhappy with his burger and says he can still taste it the next morning. We didn't bother with desserts as by then we were really cheesed off with the whole experience.

When asked the usual was everything OK, I said we were unhappy with the meal and they took off the cost of two meals, so it was a very cheap meal for the 4 of us. But......I can cook, the point of going out for ameal is to have a good experience with friends, good service and a decent meal well cooked (albeit not great cuisine) for which I am happy to pay the full price.

Pull your socks up Table Table, you can and have done much better.

2  Thank LenaCKent_UK
Reviewed May 16, 2013

they must have made some cuts in staff and the service and quility of the food show this, could hear a lot of moaning comeing from other tables so it was not just us

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Table Table was extremely busy due to the Bank Holiday weekend and a special offer from the internet. We had to wait nearly an hour for a table which was a pain but not their fault really. Only one item was not available but 2 'specials' had been added. The food when it arrived was fine and we were given some complimentary drinks as it was nearly 100 mins since we walked in the door until we got anything to eat.
Next time I'll book :-)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

why is it taking table table so long to get they act together when
it comes to having breakfast,simply way to sort out staff shortage do what some of premier outlets do have a self serve breakfast,help yourself system instead of taking your order for breakfast,