“Best pub/restaurant in Herne Bay”

The Saxon Shore - J D Wetherspoon
Ranked #91 of 139 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wetherspoons are pretty generic when it comes to food but Herne Bay's The Saxon Shore certainly surprised me on my recent visit. The service was the first outstanding aspect to my experience with the bar staff being incredibly friendly and helpful. Our drinks were prepared to perfection and once we placed our food order, we waited a little over 5 minutes for it's delivery to our table. Which once again, came with a smile.
Our food was fresh, tasty and of great quality, with a plentiful portion. I had the roast beef and my husband had the ribs. He said they simply fell of the bone!
Even though it was over the bank holiday period, and the pub was heaving with custom, the staff maintained a wonderful atmosphere in the restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.
So much so, we returned the next day.
Take a stroll along the sea front of Herne Bay and remember to visit The Saxon Shore. A great find in a small town.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

There is a good menu for everybdy's taste, good service I, visit three times a week. with daughter and family.

1  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a busy place, but that is no excuse for dishes left on tables, tables not wiped, dirty floors, etc. Yes, the prices are of good value and yes, the place is roomy, but how can you enjoy a meal when the surroundings are so shabby? This J D Wetherspoon is on the waterfront and deserves to have a better show inside the place to complement the waterside location. Do owners/management read their reviews--they should!

3  Thank UMworldtravel
Reviewed August 26, 2013

What can I say?! Cold food, cold atmosphere and rude staff with less than minimum wage abilities! I recommend you go to a real pub.

4  Thank Leafless1
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We called in early evening and were served good measures of refreshing cold soft drinks. The food arrived very quickly, within 10 minutes of ordering. We enjoyed sitting at the window watching the world go by as we had our meal. This pub is a pleasant place to choose for a meal and we experienced attentive and helpful service. I noticed the tables were cleared and cleaned quickly, giving the impression of a team that works hard to provide good service. As usual for a Wetherspoons, good value for money. Other reviewers' ratings for this pub show more variation than one would normally expect but I would recommend it.

1  Thank Nonglak L