I don't normally stay at branded hotels like Premier Inn, Travel Lodge etc, the concept of a prepackaged, one size fits all, product is unappealing, but on this occasion a customer was staying there so I joined him.
My expectations were not high, but the hotel was clean and the service from the staff was excellent, bar a small hicough in the restaurant, due to a new in-mate having just started. The food was just average and resembled the photo in the menu, even down to the individual placement of the peas on the plate and thats my point really, the "brand" is not what I look for in a gastronomic experience.
However, that asside the biggest faux pas as far as I'm concerned is the lack of free wifi, totally unforgivable in this day and age, this is 2012 not 1995! I doubt I'll ever stay in a Premier Inn again, not through choice anyway.
It's just not my cuppa, very clean and tidy with friendly staff, just souless and sterile to the point of insanity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 20-minute bus trip brings you to Herne Bay Pier Hit the markets or enjoy classic fish and chips ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Premier Inn and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Herne Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Canterbury North/Herne Bay Hotel Herne Bay
- Premier Inn Herne Bay Hotel Kent