“Top chef, top food”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was first introduced to this restaurant by my friend as a treat for my 60th. Well what a treat this was! We chose the table d'hote menu which was £10! Each course was divine! I can only say this restaurant deserves to be packed out. We have a top French chef here locally who has been successfully running this restaurant for around 27 years. I took my husband there last night and he was very impressed! Although we are from Ramsgate we intend to eat here often and meet family from London here.

1  Thank JansyKent

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been to L'Escargot a couple of times recently, both times taking a friend for a meal out. I remember when it first opened as I lived in Herne Bay at the time and I can honestly say, the quality of the food and service is still as superb as it was 29 years ago. The value for money is amazing!! You simply wouldn't get such choice at that price anywhere else without something having to give.....at L'Escargot, you get a beautiful, delicious meal at a great price. Definitely worth a visit!!!

1  Thank Ruth991
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our first visit, but certainly won't be the last! Sunday lunch today was fantastic. What a little gem - you MUST NOT pass by without a visit!
From the moment we walked in we felt comfortable, relaxed and were treated like regular guests. The food lived up to the service and hospitality. Excellent value and quality. The owners were so friendly - and we are looking forward to returning when we move to the area shortly!

Jane and John

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We came to Herne Bay for a Sunday day out and cam e across L'escargot. We stayed for a traditional cooked Sunday lunch. The soup is home made, it was carrot, orange and ginger. Gorgeous, but there were lots of choice. Then home cooked roast, fluffy roast potatoes, vegetables with grave and followed by desert. Delightful family atmosphere served with a smile. all for £10.50 for 3 courses. What a find.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

It is so rare to have food prepared by a classically-trained French chef - but, my goodness, it shows. When did you last eat HAND-MADE Melba Toast ? There is so much skill and time devoted to the preparation of the meals. But for £10 for the set menu ? You will not believe your luck that you have discovered this little corner of France in the middle of Herne Bay ! Go there if you appreciate quality.