“A welcoming and fantastic village pub!!!”
Review of George & Dragon

George & Dragon
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Headcorn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Headcorn, United Kingdom
“A welcoming and fantastic village pub!!!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Exceptionally warm welcome, AMAZING food, great service - been many times and will go many times more!! Love it!! X

• Visited December 2013

Headcorn, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Number 1 in Headcorn”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very good pub. Good choice of local ales and cider. The food is very tasty and the portions are generous. It can get very busy in the evening which only adds to the atmosphere. Wednesday they offer a good value for money carvery if that is what you like.Do try their Dragon Breath mustard which you can buy from the deli counter. Great local pub and well worth a visit.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Local pub hits the spot”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

we live nearby so have been going to the George and dragon for some years. i like the focus on local produce to include local ciders, wines beers etc and the seasonality. we had a sunday lunch for 10 and enjoyed generous portions of roast dinner and some good puds. service from the team, especially sophie, was attentive and responsive. my only suggestion would be that the menu options are complex and end up on several sheets which may look better compressed and/or laminated or bound.

• Visited November 2013
“Lovely country pub well worth a visit”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I visited the pub midweek with ten of my family including young children for a carvery meal, very good value for money, good menu with a choice of three perfectly cooked meats & all the trimmings. The sweet menu covered all tastes including triple chocolate sponge, hot fruit crumbles all served with a choice of ice cream, custard or fresh cream. Excellent service & happy staff all of which made for an enjoyable evening. Definitely make a return visit.

2 Thank giantgeezer
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent impromptu visit....”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've previously been here twice before when I've had business in Kent, but during lunch times of which both the food and service was more than satisfactory. So when an associate and I needed somewhere to eat (this time for dinner), the George and Dragon popped into my head. When we arrived the pub/restaurant had a slightly different ambience since the last time, probably owing to the fact that it was evening, candles and soft lighting set the atmosphere and some un-intrusive jazz played in the background. The staff, (a barman and two waitresses) were friendly and engaging without being too over the top. I'd had a steak and ale suet the last time I was here but unfortunately it wasn't on the menu this time. So instead I opted for the Steak and Stilton, which was brave for me because I don't normally go for things I'm not sure about, my associate had the autumn chicken.
I have to say I wasn't sure how I'd feel about stilton in what I'd ordered but it was actually quite brilliant, it was although quite strong not overpowering and well worth taking the risk. My associate's autumn chicken was gargantuan, both in size and in taste, I don't think both he or I expected such a portion. Normally in such a case the quality of taste suffers as the size increases but I was assured by my associate that (the most that he could manage) along with the mustard and bourbon sauce was of extremely good quality for the price.
The establishment was busy but as previously said held a nice atmosphere, in future instead of popping in as an off hand thought, I will make a point of returning when I am in the area either for business or personally.

• Visited October 2013